- It's this place...this Santa Prisca. I can't help remembering the last time we were here. I was nearly a shark's dinner--
Appearing in "Knightquest: The Search"
- Tio (First appearance)
- Sobrino (First appearance)
- Popo (First appearance)
- Miguel (First appearance)
- Bruce Wayne's Wheelchair
Synopsis for "Knightquest: The Search"
Bruce Wayne and Alfred land in Santa Prisca in Bruce's private plane looking for Shondra Kinsolving and Jack Drake. Unbeknownst to them their landing is being watched by a group of local terrorists. No sooner do Alfred and Bruce, in his technologically advanced wheelchair built by Harold, get off the plane, that they are confronted by the group. Even though Bruce gasses one of them, the others are ready to kill him. Bronze Tiger appears out of nowhere and takes care of the rest of them, but Bruce allows them to escape.
Bronze Tiger accompanies Bruce and Alfred to a local hotel where they are met by Gypsy. Bruce gives the two the lowdown of the mission and the location of the terrorists' hacienda from a homing device he concealed on one of them. Suddenly another terrorist appears on the balcony of the hotel room ready to shoot out the heroes, but from another rooftop Green Arrow shoots the guy in the arm. Bronze Tiger and Gypsy go to check out the terrorist location, while Bruce calls Robin in Gotham City. He tells Robin that somebody at the Gotham airport tipped off the terrorists about his and Alfred's arrival and reassures Robin he'll find his father.
Gypsy infiltrates the hacienda of the terrorists, who are waiting for Mr. Asp to arrive. Shondra is denied to attend to a very sick Jack Drake. When word gets back that the hotel terrorist failed, the rest go back armed with rocket launchers and blow up the hotel.
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest: The Search" crossover.
- Despite being part of Knightquest, it wasn't included in the Batman: Knightfall Volume Two - Knightquest collection.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Knightfall Omnibus Vol. 2 - Knightquest.
- Alfred jokes about Bruce's earphone saying that he was likely to listen to the local radio. Alfred mentions that a rapper known as Big Daddy Kane is very popular in Santa Prisca. The rapper's name could be a reference to Batman's creator Bob Kane.
- Cover gallery for the Justice League Task Force series
- Images from Justice League Task Force Vol 1 5
Links and References
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.