"The Secret of the Cheetah: Chapter Two": In the The Congo, the Justice League battles a Cheetah-infected Superman, only to be stopped by the "San Tribe", who want to kill [[Barbara Minerva (Prime Earth)|Cheetah
- There is life outside the Watchtower. Outside the Justice League. And it's a good life, Diana.
- -- Superman
Appearing in "The Secret of the Cheetah: Chapter Two"
- Black Manta (Mentioned only)
- Darkseid (Mentioned only)
- David Graves (Mentioned only)
- Ya'Wara (Mentioned only)
- The Congo
- Justice League Watchtower
- Godslayer (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Secret of the Cheetah: Chapter Two"
Hara, leader of the San Tribe, subdues Superman with a mystic horn, while Cheetah escapes from the scene. The League decides to split up; with Arthur, Diana, and Barry going after Barbara, while Bruce and Victor stay with the San Tribe in order to help cure Superman. Hara pours blood on Clark's neck wound, counteracting the Cheetah infection, curing him.
Flash and Wonder Woman attack Cheetah, who reveals that she has been hunting the San Tribe for days, because they also want to kill her.
Hara tells Batman that he misunderstands what the Cheetah is;
For centuries, the San Tribe has hunted alongside the Cheetahs. And every generation, one of their people is chosen to become the host of the Goddess of the Hunt; the Cheetah. Hara explains that her mother was the last pure Cheetah of the Tribe. She led the Tribe until she was killed by a hunter wielding the "Godslayer", a powerful knife said to have killed numerous deities across time. However, the Cheetah goddess lived on, possessing the knife and cursing the hunter. Eventually the knife ended up in the hands of Barbara Minerva, who used it to become the Cheetah. Until Barbara dies, the Cheetah will forever be lost to the San Tribe.
Wonder Woman pushes Cheetah into a river, and Arthur is able to capture her.
The League imprisons Barbara in Belle Reve, only for it to be exactly what she wants. Cheetah contacts her superiors, stating that she successfully entered the prison, and is waiting for Black Manta's arrival.
Back on the Watchtower, the League discovers that Barbara was a wanted criminal before she met Wonder Woman, and that Barbara Minerva isn't her real name, only an alias. The Cheetah didn't corrupt her, she corrupted the Cheetah.
Following the revelations, Superman takes Wonder Woman to visit his hometown of Smallville. Superman tells her about his life, and he encourages her to move forward from her deception. The two embrace and share a kiss, while Batman watches from above.
Appearing in "Shazam! Chapter 7"
- Seven Deadly Sins (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Shazam! Chapter 7"
- This book was first published on November 21, 2012.
- No special notes.
- Hara states that the Hunter who weld the Godslayer knife intended to kill the jaguar goddess Ya'Wara next, but was instead eaten by her cats.
- Barbara Minerva's different aliases are all callbacks to the different individuals who were at one time the Cheetah in DC Comics History; Priscilla Rich, Deborah Domaine, and Sabrina Ballesteros (Sebastian).
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League Vol 2 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League series
- Images from Justice League Vol 2 14
- Justice League
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 4)
- Justice League of America (Volume 5)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League (Volume 3)
- Justice League (Volume 4)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 2)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)