The Super Friends is a team formed by the greatest of Earth's superheroes for the cause of truth, justice, and peace for all mankind.
Its original core group consisted of Aquaman, Batman, Robin, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Wendy, Marvin, and Wonder Dog were the only non-powered civilian members of the team. Later the team expanded to include Green Lantern, Flash, Apache Chief, Samurai, Black Vulcan, Firestorm, and Cyborg, and its civilian members were replaced by the Wonder Twins of Exor, Zan and Jayna with their pet monkey Gleek.
The Trouble Alert distress system
- The Super Friends were initially designed as a viewer-friendly version of the Justice League of America as first envisioned by writer Gardner Fox. Television production company Hanna-Barbera adapted the Justice League model and re-imagined the team for the 1973 Super Friends animated series.
- Although there was never an official team leader of the Super Friends, most of the members often deferred to Superman's judgment.
- Super Friends (Volume 1)
- Super Powers (Volume 1)
- Super Powers (Volume 2)
- Super Powers (Volume 3)
- Super Powers Collection (Volume 1)
- 233 Appearances of Justice League of America (Super Friends)
- 2 Images that include Justice League of America (Super Friends)
- Team Gallery: Justice League of America (Super Friends)