- A strange feeling this-- For it has been long since Oracle last cared about the survival of-- a mere planet! But care I do-- And I find the sensation pleasant! Perhaps with good reason--! For was it not I who sent Earth's boldest heroes on their journey through time-and-space? Indeed it was! But now I would know more of those who stayed behind--! How, for instance, fares Diana Prince-- She who was once called Wonder Woman--? Not well, it seems-- For she is beset by the Iron Hand whose nebuloid namesake is the cause of this great quest-- And she knows not her danger! Nor do the other heroes who strive to protect their world-- Green Lantern-- Robin-- Mr. Terrific! I could end their problems in an instant-- But I am bound not to interfere! It is decided man must make his own destiny-- But if, on this bleak day, he falls in final defeat-- A small part of Oracle will die as well!
- — Oracle
Synopsis for "...And One of Us Must Die!"
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Johnny Thunder save the Vigilante from being burned at the stake by Indians, while Aquaman, Wildcat, and Green Lantern retrieve the Star-Spangled Kid from a prehistoric era, and Flash, Zatanna, and Red Tornado battle the sorceress Circe to recover an enthralled Speedy. With the entire Seven Soldiers of Victory team united in the present, the JLA and JSA discover that Wing, the Crimson Avenger's companion and unofficial eighth member of the team, had sacrificed his life to use the secret weapon that had defeated the Nebula-Man—the same weapon that can now destroy the giant hand that holds the Earth in its grip. Diana Prince defeats the Iron Hand, but even the master villain cannot prevent his creation from destroying the world after its controls are accidentally smashed. After the Seven Soldiers recreate their weapon, the heroes argue over which of them will carry it into the heart of the nebulous menace. Finally, the Red Tornado takes the matter into his own hands and performs the mission himself, apparently sacrificing his existence as Wing had before him.
Appearing in "...And One of Us Must Die!"
- Justice League of America
- Justice Society of America
- Seven Soldiers of Victory
- Diana Prince
- Continued from the two previous issues.
- This issue is reprinted in DC Special Blue Ribbon Digest #11 and Crisis on Multiple Earths Vol. 3.
- Although the events from this issue are still considered part of the New Earth canon, many of the details have been retroactively altered to fit the Post-Crisis environment, as seen in the retelling in Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. #9.
- Justice League Recommended Reading
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 4)
- Justice League of America (Volume 5)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League (Volume 3)
- Justice League (Volume 4)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 2)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)