"Return From Forever!": The Atom, Aquaman, and Elongated Man become involved in a case which takes place simultaneously with the other members' battle against the Manhunters.
- What Earthly good is this power of mine, except on rare and special occasions? Last night I skipped a special JLA meeting to tail some crooks and the police took 'em before I could throw a punch! Controlling my size and weight makes me a health spa instructor, not a hero!
- — Atom
Synopsis for "Return From Forever!"
The Atom, Aquaman, and Elongated Man become involved in a case which takes place simultaneously with the other members' battle against the Manhunters.
The Construct, a mechanoid being whose intellect is a coalescence of Earth's electronically overloaded airwaves, has sent his robot henchmen, called Cannons, to apprehend Willow, a mysterious woman from an alternate Earth, who seeks the three heroes' help.
While Aquaman and Elongated Man deal with the threat to the city of Miami, the Atom teams with Willow in a direct confrontation with the Construct.
In the process, the Construct is apparently destroyed, the Atom learns the secret of Willow's past, and he overcomes an inferiority complex which had undermined his fighting efficiency.
Appearing in "Return From Forever!"
- Justice League of America
- Construct (First appearance) (Dies)
- Cannon 22 (Destroyed)
- Cannon One
- Cannon Five
- Cannon Twelve
- Manhunters (Cameo)
- Steve Trevor (Mentioned only)
- The character of Willow is a reference/homage to the Marvel Comics character of Mantis, the Celestial Madonna, also a creation of Steve Englehart.
- Cover gallery for the Justice League of America series
- Images from Justice League of America Vol 1 142
Links and References
- which is strangely similar to the story of Mantis, a character from Marvel's Avengers.
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.