"Inner Mission!": The reactivated Red Tornado is unmasked as the Construct, and deactivated once more. Superman, Batman, and Green Arrow seek information about the first encounter between the Construct and the JLA from Aquaman and Atom in Atlantis, while Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Black Canary accom
- I am only an android! I am not "real"-- Not like you humans! I was made with machines-- By your kind! But when I am alive, I live like you! I have my friends! I have excitement! I have just returned to life, for the third time! You must not turn me away!
Synopsis for "Inner Mission!"
The reactivated Red Tornado is unmasked as the Construct, and deactivated once more. Superman, Batman, and Green Arrow seek information about the first encounter between the Construct and the JLA from Aquaman and Atom in Atlantis, while Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Black Canary accompany Wonder Woman to Paradise Island, where she uses the Amazons Memory Chair to remember her own mental subjugation to the Construct's will in its second incarnation.
Regrouping, the heroes discover the Construct's hide-away, but the villain escapes them by transferring its mind elsewhere. The Red Tornado comes to life again, but is unable to convince the members that he is now truly in control of his actions. When he finally does convince Hawkman and the female members, they are too late to prevent the Construct from taking over the minds of the others, and must battle their own teammates.
Finally, the Red Tornado battles the Construct, will-against-will, and the machine-intelligence is destroyed in its attempt to subjugate the android's mind. Wonder Woman ensures that this destruction of the Construct is permanent, Red Tornado is reinstated as a member, and Hawkgirl at last joins the team.
Appearing in "Inner Mission!"
- Justice League of America
- Construct-III (Apparent Death)
- Willow (Flashback only)
- Nekron (Mentioned only)
- T.O. Morrow (Mentioned only)
- Elongated Man (Mentioned only)
- Injustice Gang (Mentioned only)
- New York City
- Paradise Island
- Gotham City (Mentioned only)
- Injustice Gang Satellite (Mentioned only)
- This is the third and final incarnation of the Construct concluding a story-arc involving Wonder Woman's 'possession' that is first hinted at in Justice League of America #139.