"Crisis in the 30th Century!": The Justice Society members are visiting the Justice League briefly, following their battle against the Psycho-Pirate , when a gigantic magical hand plucks five members from each team out of the satellite, and into the year 2977, where they become pawns of Mordru t
- You do me honor, Superman, by remembering my power-- The power which will now destroy you! I reached back across time to your satellite to steal the Red Jar of Calythos, the Green Bell of Uthool, and the Silver Wheel of Nyorlath... But you interfered with my eldritch hand! You shall be punished! For while I am no longer as powerful as I once was... Still am I mighty enough to crush you like the insects you are!
- — Mordru
Synopsis for "Crisis in the 30th Century!"
The Justice Society members are visiting the Justice League briefly, following their battle against the Psycho-Pirate , when a gigantic magical hand plucks five members from each team out of the satellite, and into the year 2977, where they become pawns of Mordru the Magician, arch-foe of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
Mordru has recently captured five Legionnaires, he holds hostage until their comrades have secured for him the three mystic artifacts necessary to free the ancient demons, Abnegazar, Rath, and Ghost.
The Legionnaires having failed to return from their missions, the sorcerer now enlists the JLA and JSA heroes to do his bidding, while adding Green Arrow and Black Canary to his group of hostages.
Superman, Dr. Fate, and Hawkman of Earth-2 rescue Sun Boy and Wildfire, and secure the Silver Wheel; Batman and the two Green Lanterns aid Brainiac 5 and Princess Projecta in attaining the Green Bell; and Power Girl and the Flash of Earth-2 use their super-speed to enter a limbo-like realm and regain the Red Jar.
Mordru then uses the objects to awaken the three demons, but the evil trio turns on him, and overpowers him.
Appearing in "Crisis in the 30th Century!"
- Justice League of America
- Justice Society of America
- Legion of Super-Heroes
- Felix Faust (Mentioned only)
- 20th Century
- 30th Century
- This issue is reprinted in Crisis on Multiple Earths Vol. 4.
- Although presumably erased from continuity by Crisis on Infinite Earths, events similar to those in this issue were confirmed to have been restored to canon status for New Earth in Action Comics #864, likely due to Infinite Crisis.