"The Super-Struggle Against Shaggy Man!": When some previously lost letters addressed to the Justice League are delivered to Snapper, the assembled JLA members (Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Atom and Hawkman) decide to investigate them even though they are really old.
Appearing in "The Super-Struggle Against Shaggy Man!"
- Justice League of America
- Professor Andrew Zagarian (First appearance)
- Prof. Abner Michaels (Single appearance)
- Giant Electro-Magnets
- Liquid Iron used to stop Shaggy Man
- Hawkman's Talon Pike
Synopsis for "The Super-Struggle Against Shaggy Man!"
When some previously lost letters addressed to the Justice League are delivered to Snapper, the assembled JLA members (Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Atom and Hawkman) decide to investigate them even though they are really old.
Flash, Green Arrow, and Hawkman check out the first letter where they meet Professor Andrew Zagarian, who created the Shaggy-Man a plastalloy creature that is indestructible which he managed to subdue by trapping cement. However, with the League members arrival, the Plasti-Man breaks free and they are unable to stop him.
Meanwhile, Batman, Atom, and Wonder Woman investigate the second letter which brings them into contact with a rock creature which proves just as indestructible. Realizing that perhaps they could solve both problems by unleashing the Shaggy-Man against the rock creature, the plan works... Almost too well: Shaggy-Man destroys the creature which would leave the Shaggy-Man with enough time to leave to find another target and the rock creature to reform and terrorize the Earth anew. They find a solution in creating a second Shaggy-Man and sealing all three in a crater where they would spend their remaining lives in constant battle.
After their success the JLA return to base where they find Superman, Green Lantern and Snapper, and tell them of their adventure.
- This book was first published on April 26, 1966.
- Green Lantern and Superman appear briefly in this story.
- Reprinted in Justice League of America Volume 6 and Showcase Presents: Justice League of America Volume 3.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League of America Vol 1 45 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League of America series
- Images from Justice League of America Vol 1 45