"The Tornado's Path, Part III of VI: Tornado Outbreak!/The Brave & The Bold": Trident, flanked by Dr. Impossible, attacks and freezes the Parasite but, fortunately neither villain recognizes [[Jefferson Pierce (New Earth)|Jeffe
- Find yourself, John Smith. And there...you will find others like you.
Appearing in "The Tornado's Path, Part III of VI: Tornado Outbreak!/The Brave & The Bold"
- Black Canary
- Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning
- Green Lantern
- Red Tornado (In the body of Danton Black)
- The Bomb Squad
- Doctor Impossible
- Professor Ivo
- Red Tornado Androids (Destroyed)
- Solomon Grundy (As a shadowy figure only)
- Starro Parasite (Modified by Ivo)
- Lex Luthor (Mentioned only)
- Royal Flush Gang (Mentioned only)
- Signalman (Mentioned only)
- T.O. Morrow (Mentioned only)
- Kathy Sutton
- The Phantom Stranger
- Traya Sutton
- Aquaman (In a photograph only)
- Cyborg (In a photograph only)
- The Flash (In a photograph only)
- Power Girl (In a photograph only)
- Supergirl (In a photograph only)
- Deadman (Mentioned only)
- Dick Grayson (Mentioned only)
- Ralph Dibney (Mentioned only)
- Ted Knight (Mentioned only)
- Will Magnus (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City
- Boston Brand's Grave
- New York City
- Sutton/Smith Apartment (5D)
- Rocky Mountains
- T.O. Morrow's Former Laboratory
- Rocky Mountains
- Hub City
- Unnamed Bar
- St. Roch
- Parasite's Base of Operations
- St. Roch
- Batcomputer (Cameo)
- Green Lantern Ring
- Tantu Totem
- Thanagarian Mace
- Trick Arrows
- Trident's Trident
- Utility Belt
- Bracelets of Submission
- Wonder Woman's Tiara
Synopsis for "The Tornado's Path, Part III of VI: Tornado Outbreak!/The Brave & The Bold"
Red Tornado goes to Deadman's grave to find out why he tricked Tornado into abandoning his android body. Boston doesn't appear but Phantom Stranger does advising Tornado to "find himself." Deducing this means to find his stolen body, Tornado heads to the Rocky Mountain base.
Dr. Impossible teleports away from the fight with Jefferson when another hero arrives. He brings the frozen Parasite to the Rocky Mountain base where the villains add Parasite's frozen and now crumbled arm into Red Tornado's android body. The head is returned to the body, now with flesh-colored skin and pointy ears.
Vixen had survived the explosion (last issue) by tunneling underground like a mole. Without the Tantu Totem the morphogenic field begins a constant assault on her mind.
At Reddy and Kathy's apartment, both Kathy and Traya can't sleep. Traya asks Kathy about how Red is now human, if he can dream, sleep, and bleed. Traya asks if this means that Red Tornado could die. Kathy assures her that he wont, but it is clear she hadn't thought of this.
Hawkgirl and Jefferson discover something on Trident's neck and they take the unconscious villain to the Batcave where Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman have been discussing new recruits for the Justice League. Jefferson shows the heroes that Trident has a small Starro attached to his neck.
- This book was first published on November 1, 2006.
- This issue is reprinted in the Justice League of America: The Tornado's Path and Justice League Legends Vol. 1 collections.
- The unseen mastermind in this issue is ultimately revealed in Justice League of America (Volume 2) #4.
- Duplicate androids of Red Tornado have been designed by Professor Ivo in Red, Yellow, Blue, Green and Black varieties. All are shown having the wind/tornado power of flight. In addition, blue ones can conjure wind, green ones can fire lightning bolts, and yellow ones fire light/heat energy beams (Arsenal calls the powers "the sun"). The black one is only shown punching. A red one (in a background shot) is shown projecting light/heat energy but this may just be a mis-coloring error.
- The duplicate androids are shown as having a fail-safe mechanism in their subtalar joint (Achilles heel). The original Red Tornado body is said to have that failsafe in his neck.
- The events depicted in Justice League of America (Volume 2) #1 through Justice League of America (Volume 2) #6 appear to be occurring during a single day.
- To speak to Boston Brand, Red Tornado goes to his grave site. Author Brad Meltzer used this same technique to summon a spirit in Identity Crisis when Green Arrow summoned the spirit of the Spectre (Hal Jordan) by going to his grave site.
- The epitaph on Boston Brand's gravestone reads, "Forever with us."
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League of America Vol 2 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League of America series
- Images from Justice League of America Vol 2 3
Links and References
- Justice League of America (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Justice League of America (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database
Warning: Default sort key "Justice League of America Vol 2 03" overrides earlier default sort key "Justice League of America Vol 2 0003".