In the 31st century, Mano, Tharok and Persuader of the Fatal Five attack the Legion of Super-Heroes' headquarters for their time sphere. Star Boy, Saturn Girland Brainiac 5 try to keep them back but fail. Just as the villains activate the sphere, Star Boy leaps at them and is taken along. Arriving i
Justice League vs. the Fatal Five is a 2019 animated movie, tangentically related to the DC Animated Universe like its precursor, Batman and Harley Quinn.
Synopsis for "Justice League vs. the Fatal Five"
In the 31st century, Mano, Tharok and Persuader of the Fatal Five attack the Legion of Super-Heroes' headquarters for their time sphere. Star Boy, Saturn Girland Brainiac 5 try to keep them back but fail. Just as the villains activate the sphere, Star Boy leaps at them and is taken along. Arriving in the 21st century above Earth, Star Boy triggers a boobytrap Brainiac 5 programmed, trapping the villains inside the sphere in a stasis field. Star Boy comes down in Gotham Citywhile the sphere ends up in Metropolis. Star Boy discovers his supply of medicine, needed to stabilize his mind, was destroyed in his rough landing. As his medicine doesn't exist yet, Star Boy's increasingly erratic behavior gets him apprehended by Batman and sent to Arkham. The stasis-locked time machine is picked up by Superman and brought to the Justice League's headquarters for analysis.
Ten months later, Jessica Cruz is struggling with the trauma of her near-death by a murderer who killed her friends, making her afraid to leave her apartment. Adding to her anxiety is that a Green Lantern ring chose her and that Wonder Womankeeps trying to recruit her into the Justice League. In Gotham, Miss Martian is trying to prove herself to Batman for membership in the League, but her inexperience works against her good intentions. While trying to unlock the secret of the strange sphere, Mister Terrific brings down the stasis field, freeing its occupants. Superman and Mister Terrific fight them, but Superman is wounded by Persuader's axe and the villains escape.
Star Boy's memory is jogged by a news report of the fight, and he breaks out of Arkham. The Justice League members compare notes about these mysterious assailants and discover they are time travelers; and from one of Star Boy's ravings, Batman deduces that they are after Jessica. When the three villains attack Jessica, Star Boy comes to her rescue, followed by Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Mister Terrific, and Miss Martian, who force them into flight after a hard struggle. In the aftermath, Star Boy and Jessica form a close friendship.
To find out more about their guest from the future, Batman instructs Miss Martian to telepathically link their and Jessica's minds with Star Boy's memories, thus learning about the Legion. They witness a battle between the Legion-—Chameleon, Dawnstar, Tyroc, Mon-El, Shadow Lass, and, later Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, and Star Boy-—and the Fatal Five, which ended with the capture of Mano's lover Emerald Empress and Validus; as there was no prison that could hold them in the 31st century, the Legion took them to Oa in the past. Upon their awakening, the League receives an ultimatum from Mano: surrender Jessica or all American cities will be destroyed by bombs created by Tharok. The first bombings start in Metropolis, forcing the Justice League to move out. Left behind with Star Boy in the Watchtower, Jessica is contacted by Tharok through her ring, forcing her to surrender herself to the Five and enable them entry to Oa's prison cells. Despite interference by Kilowog and Salaak, Emerald Empress and Validus are freed, and when Jessica fights back, Persuader cleaves her ring in two. Afterwards, Emerald Empress has her Emerald Eye of Ekron steal all the energy of the Central Power Battery, and the Five return to Earth to recover the time sphere.
In the meantime, Star Boy discovers Jessica's absence and informs the League. The heroes proceed to the time machine's location, a secret US military base, where the Fatal Five force them into battle. Emerald Empress subdues the Justice League and then initiates her master plan to use the Lantern's power to destroy Earth's sun, wipe out humanity, and thus prevent the formation of the Legion in their time. On Oa, Jessica recovers her faith and determination, and by reciting her oath, she reassembles her power ring. Brought back to her apartment by the ring, Jessica flies to the base and prevents the Fatal Five from escaping back to their own era by bringing the whole base down upon them, killing the supervillains.
Superman, Jessica and Star Boy race after the Eye, but are too late to prevent it from plunging into the sun. As the star cracks apart, Star Boy sacrifices himself by lowering himself into the sun's core and using his powers to reverse the fracturing. In the final scene as the Justice League members commemorate Star Boy's heroism, they are joined by the Legion who have come from the future to honor their fallen comrade. Batman also informs Miss Martian that she has been invited to join the Justice League, and she accepts the offer.
Appearing in "Justice League vs. the Fatal Five"
- Justice League
- Fatal Five (Team Disbands)
- Bloodsport (First appearance)
- Harley Quinn (Cameo)
- Poison Ivy (Cameo)
- Green Lantern Corps
- Justice League
- Legion of Superheroes
- Chameleon Boy (Flashback and main story)
- Cosmic Boy (Flashback and main story)
- Dawnstar (First appearance) (Flashback and main story)
- Kid Quantum (Flashback and main story)
- Shadow Lass (Flashback and main story)
- Tyroc (Flashback and main story)
- Lightning Lass (Flashback and main story)
- Lightning Lad (Flashback and main story)
- Mon-El (Flashback and main story)
- Timber Wolf (Flashback and main story)
- Ultra Boy (Flashback and main story)
- Wildfire (Flashback and main story)
- Douglas Nolan (Flashback and main story)
- Ferro Lad (Flashback and main story)
- Robin (As an illusion only)
- John Kent (Mentioned only)
- Joker (Mentioned only)
- Jor-El (Mentioned only)
- Martians (Mentioned only)
- United Planets (Mentioned only)
- Martin Luther King (Mentioned only)
- 31st Century
- 21st Century
- Rann (Mentioned only)
- Thanagar (Mentioned only)
- Venegar (Mentioned only)
- Justice League Watchtower
- Elyse Gabel as Thomas Kallor/Star Boy
- Diane Guerrero as Jessica Cruz/Green Lantern
- Kevin Conroy as Batman
- Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman
- George Newbern as Superman
- Daniela Bobadilla as Miss Martian
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Mr. Terrific / Kilowog
- Noel Fisher as Brainiac 5
- Peter Jessop as Tharok
- Tom Kenny as Bloodsport / Salakk / Green Lantern Ring
- Matthew Yang King as The Persuader / Arkham Director
- Sumalee Montano as Emerald Empress
- Philip Anthony Rodriguez as Mano
- Tara Strong as Saturn Girl / Harley Quinn / Poison Ivy
- Bruce Timm as Two-Face / Validus
- Characters from Justice League vs. the Fatal Five
- Other things related to Justice League vs. the Fatal Five
- Movie Gallery: Justice League vs. the Fatal Five
Error: String exceeds 1,000 character limit.