He was the best friend of Corum Rath from his early youth in the Ninth Tride. The two eventually went their separate ways; Kad becoming an enforcer of a lower tride gang run by the mutant seachanged named Krush. Kadaver was sent by Krush to raid a mutant sanctuary and capture "the ghost of the dead king", he arrived at the sanctuary and quickly subdued the mutants and "the ghost".
With the tide turning against his regime King Rath would secretly contact Kadaver behind the backs of his own treacherous court. The two would reminisce about making Atlantis their own when they were older.
Rath asking Kad to remove his mask and aide his old friend's quest in bringing Atlantis out of the depths and onto the world above once more. As the penultimate society the lost nation once was eons prior. Too which Kad agreed as he aided Rath in disposing of Magister Loke and the rest of the silent school while making for the wellspring of magic.
Partaking of the power imparted by the Abyssal Dark, the entity believed to be the Wellspring of Atlanean Magic, corroded Kadaver into a mindless revenant in the service of his Lord.
Rath would act as the living voice of his majesties will, carrying the power of the dark along with him while turning selects amongst The Drift into living corpses as they were being slaughtered by the Undercurrent and Ninth Tride gangs. Kadaver would lead his undead legion against all of Atlantis's enemies until he ran afoul of it's guardian spirits, who rent him and his necrolized forces asunder.
Powers and Abilities
- Atlantean Physiology: The Atlanteans are offshoots of humanity that are biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. All their abilities are by-products of their bodies being adapted to survive unprotected in the tremendous pressures of the ocean depths.
- Superhuman Strength:
- Superhuman Durability: Kadaver is able to withstand the huge pressures of deep ocean.
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Speed
- Enhanced Senses
- Magic: Kadaver is a self-instructed adept in the art of magic since his days as a Ninth Tride Urchine. His magical powers would be further bolstered by the Abyssal Dark at the cost of his will and humanity, giving him the power to spread a magical plague which zombifies/monsterizes people touched by his arcanum.
- Coral-Form Manipulation: Kadaver was able to manipulate coral into various shapes such as a giant fist or a tendril to spear through someone.
- Eldritch Blast: Kadaver was able to shock Aquaman when he was very close to him.
- Power Distribution/Infection: After his transformation into the kings personal ghoul, Kadaver could transform and subsume other people using his malefic forces to change them into corpse like seachanged like himself.
- 6 Appearances of Kadaver (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Kadaver (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Kadaver (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kadaver (Prime Earth)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."