Superman is the leader of the Justice Lords and the supreme ruler of his Earth.
This version of Superman apparently has the same origin story as its counterpart, at least until then-President Lex Luthor killed The Flash, causing the Justice Lords to revolt and invade the White House. Lex then tells Superman that he could have stopped him but didn't because he needed a villain to remain a hero, so Superman decides to kill him with his heat vision. He is comforted by Batman and Wonder Woman.
Two years later, the Lord had taken over the world, lobotomizing all the villains and arrest them in the Arkham Asylum, where Lord Superman keeps robots from himself to protect the place while he's gone. They also decide when the elections will take place and arrest anyone who does something that bothers them. Lord Superman also locked Lois Lane in her apartment against her will and prevented her from receiving visits and phone calls.
A Better World
When Batman figured out a way to go to other dimensions, they went to another world, where there was their own version of the Lords, called the Justice League, that hadn't been corrupted. They then trick the League into their Earth and then decide to conquer this Earth. They encounter a new villain known as Doomsday, who Lord Superman defeats lobotomizing him with his heat vision. Posing as the League, they tell reporters they've decided to change their look and are going into space to renovate the Watchtower.
They see in the news that Lex Luthor has escaped from prison so they go there to kill him, but then Luthor reveals himself to be the Martian Manhunter, who binds them the same way they did the League. After the Lord Hawkgirl escapes, they all engage in a battle where Lord Superman nearly kills The Flash, but is stopped by Superman and the real Luthor, who uses an energy disruptor to nullify their powers and trap them.
The New 52
When the Justice Lords' powers are restored, they manage to escape and return to Earth 50, where Lord Batman and Lord Superman begin a war that lasts for years. Even after Batman's death, his followers still fight for freedom and justice. Eventually, Lord Superman and Wonder Woman marry and they have a genetically engineered child named Zod.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Lord Superman possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Lord Superman's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Lord Superman can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Lord Superman's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Lord Superman's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Lord Superman can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Lord Supermans can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Lord Superman can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Lord Superman is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Lord Superman is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Lord Superman is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Lord Superman's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Lord Superman is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Lord Superman is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Longevity: Lord Superman can live longer than regular humans, remaining at his prime as long as he was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Lord Superman possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Energy disruptor: After being zapped by Justice League Lex Luther, Lord Superman did some searching and discovered that his world Lex Luther had begun to built a similar Power Disruptor Ray, before Lord Superman killed him. This device has the very similar ability to deprive/depowered any kind of super-powered beings of their powers; regardless of whether they were born with their abilities, or if something else was the source, like the Green Lantern's power ring. Lord Superman implied to made modifications on it and made a miniaturized version of it into a handheld pistol and it can also disrupts all exotic energy, including magic. However the power source still burns out easily after one use so Lord Superman saved it for a crisis.
- Lord Superman was voiced by George Newbern.
- 14 Appearances of Kal-El (DCAU: A Better World)
- 6 Images featuring Kal-El (DCAU: A Better World)
- 2 Quotations by or about Kal-El (DCAU: A Better World)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (DCAU: A Better World)
Superman Family member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Batman Beyond Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Batman Beyond. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Beyond Villains."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."