Superman was a hero of Earth, who fell into a trap laid by Barbatos. He was transformed into a gigantic, hideous monster, and forced to aid Barbatos in his destruction of the multiverse as the mindless Kryptothrax, The True Doomsday.
Superman and the Justice League stood against Barbatos's invasion of the multiverse. However, when they attempted to don armor made of Element X to battle him, they found it corrupted. The armor enslaved the heroes to Barbatos, and transformed them into horrible beasts, with Superman becoming a large, rotund monster named "Kryptothrax".
For two years, these Dragons of the Bat waged war on what was now called "Earth-Metal", until they encountered the returning Duke Thomas, now called the "Last Monitor". Kryptothrax attacked Thomas, but he escaped with the aid of Nightwing. The Last Monitor and Nightwing rallied the remaining heroes of Earth-Metal to stand against the Dragons, with Kryptothrax falling to Nightwing's Kryptonite guitar pick. In his last moments, the monster remembered who he once was, and thanked the hero for destroying him.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Kryptothrax possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Kryptothrax's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Kryptothrax can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Kryptothrax's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Kryptothrax's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Kryptothrax can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Kryptothraxs can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Kryptothrax can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Kryptothrax is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Kryptothrax is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Kryptothrax is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Kryptothrax's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Kryptothrax is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Kryptothrax is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Longevity: Kryptothrax can live longer than regular humans, remaining at his prime as long as he was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Diminished Intellect
- Monstrous Appearance: Kryptothrax is a massive, hulking creature, with a massive, fanged mouth on his stomach.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Kryptothrax possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- 1 Appearances of Kal-El (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
- 3 Images featuring Kal-El (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
- Quotations by or about Kal-El (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
Superman Family member
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."