When Superboy found out that Dr. Thomas Wayne was creating an Anti-Kryptonite Serum, he tried to attain the serum from Wayne, but was refused. He arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor, stole the serum using a Superboy Robot, accidentally killing Dr. Wayne. Thomas' son, Bruce, saw the robot fleeing and blamed Kal for his father's death.
Several years later, Clark changed his name to Superman and joined the Daily Planet. Superman would meet Bruce in his Batman alias when Bruce was tracking him. He would be tricked into being trapped by Bruce and Lex. Batman would realize that Superman was not responsible for fis father's murder and freed the hero, but died in the process.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Superman's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision
- Superhuman Strength
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- 1 Appearances of Kal-El (Earth-153)
- 3 Images featuring Kal-El (Earth-153)
- Quotations by or about Kal-El (Earth-153)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Earth-153)
- ↑ World's Finest Vol 1 153
Superman Family member
Daily Planet Staff member