Kal-El was a Kryptonian, who was sent to Earth as a baby. He grew up as Clark Kent and as an adult, he became a journalist at the Daily Planet and the superhero known as Superman. His life mirrored that of his Earth-One counterpart, with the exception that he eventually got married to Lois Lane and together they had a son, which they named Kal-El, Jr.
Kal Jr, inherited most of his father's powers, including super strength, which eventually became dangerous to Bruce Wayne, Jr., the son of Bruce Wayne and Kathy Kane. When Kathy told Bruce Jr, to stay away from Kal Jr, Lois did the same and the kids were separated. As Kal was left with nobody to play, Clark tried to teach him some heroic feats from his past, to try and make a better hero of him. However, Kal Jr. and Bruce Jr. managed to run away from their homes and their parents started a desperate search for them.
Superman teamed up with Batman in order to locate their kids. When they were found, Lois and Kathy realized their mistakes and they allowed their kids to be friends again.
Years later, when Kal Jr, became a young kid, he started misbehaving and often created troubles for Superman and his friend, Batman. After the elder heroes were endangered by their sons' behavior, they learned that they have been dealing with Mxyzptlk, Jr. and Bat-Mite, Jr., who posed as their kids to give the heroes a hard time.
Years passed and Superman was forced to change his son's name to Clark Kent, Jr. in order to keep his secret identity. For this reason, Clark Jr. felt like nothing but the son of a hero and in his teenage years, he tried to prove that he could be much more by starting a superhero team along with his friend, Bruce Jr. Superman helped the youngsters and honed their skills as heroes in a temporal duplicate city that he created.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Superman's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Superman can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Superman's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Superman's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Superman can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Supermans can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Superman can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Superman is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Superman is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superman is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Superman's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Superman is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Superman is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Longevity: Superman can live longer than regular humans, remaining at his prime as long as he was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- 16 Appearances of Kal-El (Earth-154)
- 5 Images featuring Kal-El (Earth-154)
- Quotations by or about Kal-El (Earth-154)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Earth-154)
Daily Planet Staff member