Superman became the mentor of Robin after Batman was killed.
Superman was on the trail of a criminal known as the Automator along with his partners Batman and Robin. Unfortunately, as they cornered the crook, Superman had to leave in order to prevent a plane from crashing and this resulted in the apparent death of Batman at the hands of the criminal. Superman witnessed Robin's change of identity after Batman's funeral and years later, an elder version of himself teamed up with an adult Robin to fight crime. They were eventually confronted by a new criminal known as Golden Gloves, who used his gadgets to commit crimes. Using these special gloves, the crook managed to blind Superman permanently. Despite not being able to see, Superman managed to remove the crook's helmet and reveal his identity as Bruce Wayne. Superman and Robin then learned that the Automator didn't kill Batman, but instead turned him into a perfect criminal. Superman and Robin finally capture an old Automator and afterwards, Superman has to be trained by Robin in order to fight crime without his sight.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of Superman, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Kal-El (Earth-184)
- 4 Images featuring Kal-El (Earth-184)
- Quotations by or about Kal-El (Earth-184)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Earth-184)
Daily Planet Staff member