Superman, born Kal-El and legally named Clark Joseph Kent, is the last son of Krypton, sent as the dying planet's last hope to Earth, where he grew to become its protector. He is now the main attraction of Mongul's arena, where without his powers he must fight to keep on living.
Superman was once a member of the Justice League, but the team was disbanded when one of the members, using personal information of his teammates, betrayed the League causing a mysterious, but tremendous, tragedy. 
During the early days of the Magistrate's anti-mask war in Gotham, Superman visited the city to ask for the help of Batman: he wanted to investigate on a drug called the False Face Serum, which was causing terrible side-effects to a lot of people in both Gotham and Metropolis. The investigation led to Superman meeting a man called Mr. Toad, who tricked him into believing he was a victim of the Magistrate, while instead he was working for them. After gaining Superman's trust, the man stabbed him with a Kryptonite knife and imprisoned him inside a Kryptonite chamber, to make experiments on him.
Worlds of War
With his son Jon Kent taking over his role as hero of Metropolis, Kal-El was imprisoned by Mongul inside one of his warworlds, forced to fight at a non-stop pace for his life, while also completely depowered.
At some point before the 853rd Century, Superman empowered himself to an unprecedented degree using the sun's energy, and adopted the name "Superman Prime". He battled The Unkindness, but was overwhelmed by the Seven Deadly Sins.
At the end of time, Superman--having shed his Prime form--aided Wonder Woman in a final battle against Darkseid. He fought Darkseid in the heart of Earth’s dying sun, warning Diana to stay back. The sun exploded, killing them both. Diana believed that with the Earth gone he had nothing left to fight for.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Superman's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Superman can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Superman's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Superman's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Superman can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Supermans can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Superman can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Superman is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Superman is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superman is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Superman's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Superman is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Superman is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Longevity: Superman can live longer than regular humans, remaining at his prime as long as he was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Accord to Mongul, it is stated he has murdered and resurrected a powerless Superman either 500 to 10,000 times. Due to Mongul constantly putting Kal through countless battles, thus making Clark a expert veteran in combat.
- Indomitable Will
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- As a gladiator, his Superman Symbol was the same as the Superman from Kingdom Come.
- Unlike Superman Prime DC One Million, his Green Lantern Ring was not the last of its kind, as Wonder Woman owned another ring centuries after the destruction of Clark's ring.
- 14 Appearances of Kal-El (Future State)
- 9 Images featuring Kal-El (Future State)
- 3 Quotations by or about Kal-El (Future State)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Future State)
Daily Planet Staff member
Superman Family member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.