Several years later, the Wayne family was tragically assaulted outside of a theater by a criminal who coldly shot Bruce's parents to death, with Bruce unknowingly awakening his alien power and unwillingly killing the thief in retribution. That night changed Bruce's world forever, transforming him into a seclusive man who never came into terms with himself or who he was, with Alfred as his only paternal figure.
One night, Bruce's mansion was attacked by a group of masked buglers who were behind Wayne himself, but he used his over human strength to defend himself and save his home, all while he remembered that tragic night years ago. Alfred decided to show him the truth about his origins that were hidden from him all that time, and Bruce finally accepted his identity and decided to use his abilities to do something about all the madness in his city, becoming The Batman.
He also decided to step up and start running his company of Wayne Enterprises the way he was meant to, as well as buying and running the Gotham City's most prominent newspaper the Gotham Gazette.
During his time in the Gazette, Bruce worked close with the chief editor Perry White and star reporter Lois Lane, also forming a relationship with the latter who, even though originally was fascinated with the Batman, believed him to be nothing more than a dangerous and psychopathic animal, even after he saved her from a group of street thugs.
As the weeks passed, Bruce was using both the Gazette newspaper and his alter ego Batman to track down Luthor's criminal activities and bring him to justice, but neither method could find solid evidence on the matter. But one day the Gazette was visited by Luthor himself who revealed his true self to everyone, seemingly killing Bruce and kidnapping Lois before escaping to reshape Gotham at his image with a mercenary army.
With Gotham plunged into madness, Batman nearly killed the Joker for retribution, but Bruce's sense of justice and Lois' influence allowed him to shrug off his lifelong anger and save his city.
Bruce finally came into terms of who he was and what he could do, realizing that he could do more for the world instead of just adding to his pain, deciding to be a symbol of hope instead of terror, ultimately discarding the Batman to become Superman.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, The average Kryptonian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of their super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Their biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and their bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Kryptonians can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. Typically, the power is seen as two beams of red light emanating from the eyes. These beams can be made invisible, allowing the power to be undetectable. The maximum temperature of their heat vision is said to be around that of a nuclear detonation. They can also consciously determine the area affected, down to the microscopic level.
- Super-Hearing: Kryptonian hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill, practice, and concentration, they can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency. As such, they can identify a person by their heartbeat, or pick out a single voice in an entire city.
- Enhanced Vision: Kryptonian vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Kryptonians can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. They can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, they can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows them to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Kryptonians can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. They can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Kryptonians can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Kryptonians are able to manipulate graviton particles, in an unknown and apparently unconscious manner, to defy the forces of gravity. Under one Earth gravity, they are capable of speeds of multi-Mach speeds in Earth's atmosphere. Their control of their flight is very precise and they can perform aerobatic feats such as hovering, flying backwards and even lifting great weights while flying.
- Invulnerability: The bodies of Kryptonians are nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, their immune systems protects them from toxins and diseases. The most common explanations for this rely on the presences of a super-dense molecular structure, a supercharged bio-electric aura which acts as an invisible force field, or a combination of the two. A byproduct of the aura is that items close to the skin share their invulnerability. Using clothing as an example, loose fitting fabric would tend to shred or burn in adverse conditions, but skin tight outfits would not.
- Superhuman Stamina: Kryptonians have the ability to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. In theory they have unlimited stamina as their enhanced nourishment is produced from the yellow solar energy their cells process, which also provides the majority of the power for their superhuman abilities. However, their base physical structures do need to process food stuffs and they have a psychological need to eat and drink just as Earth humans do. They also require sleep on occasion so that they can dream. They can also hold their breath for an indefinite period of time.
- Superhuman Strength: A Kryptonian develops enhanced physical strength after absorbing a sufficient amount of yellow solar radiation. This radiation interacts with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of their musculature to trigger superhuman levels. While the exact magnitude of their strength is unknown, it is generally accepted that it is sufficient to lift 100,000 tons or more. The specific range is unknown as a their strength, like their other powers, may fluctuate over time. Their strength is also more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables them to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass. At full power, their normal strength levels are well into the multi-megaton range.
- Superhuman Speed: Kryptonians are able to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. They can match most other speedsters in super-fast movements, reactions, and processes. They can use this power to disarm opponents without heightened reflexes, catch bullets or shrapnel or cross vast distances in seconds.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Kryptonians are able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from their lungs. They can chill the air as it leaves their lungs to freeze targets in a variation sometimes called "freeze" or "arctic breath". They can also reverse the process and pull large volumes of air or vapor into their lungs.
- Vulnerability to Kryptonite
- Vulnerability to Magic
- Genius Level Intellect: Even as a child, Bruce demonstrated intelligence that far surpassed his age.
- Business Management
- Trauma: His parents' murder in front of his eyes left an irreparable mental damage on Bruce's psyque, driving him to become an antisocial recluse who was unhealthly obsessed with other people's tragedies.
- Batsuit: A bat-shaped costume that is capable of enduring all of the Batman's superhuman abilities without damaging itself. (Formerly)
Utility Belt (Formerly)
- Bruce is 21 years old.
This is a Version of Superman as Batman
- 1 Appearances of Kal-El (Speeding Bullets)
- 9 Images featuring Kal-El (Speeding Bullets)
- Quotations by or about Kal-El (Speeding Bullets)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Speeding Bullets)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
Superman Family member