Superman is a member of the Super Friends.
Kal-El was the last son of Krypton who was sent to Earth by his father Jor-El just before his home world exploded. He landed in Smallville on Earth and was soon adopted by a human couple, Jonathan and Martha Kent, who named him Clark Kent. As a young child, he discovered that he had powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. He adopted the identity of Superboy in his teens in order to use his powers for good, then became Superman when he reached adulthood and moved to Metropolis. As Clark Kent, he works alongside Lois Lane as a reporter for the Daily Planet newspaper.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Clark possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Clark's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Their biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and their bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Clark can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Clark's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Clark's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Clark can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. They can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, they can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows them to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Clarks can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. They can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Clark can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Clark is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Clark is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Clark is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Clark's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of musculature. strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Clark is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Clark is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from lungs. can chill the air as it leaves lungs to freeze targets. can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into lungs.
- Longevity: Clark can live longer than regular humans, remaining at their prime as long as they was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Time Travel: By flying at faster-than-light speeds the Man of Steel can break the time barrier.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Clark possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Superman's Costume
- When Superman often doesn't use weapons, he has several devices hidden in the Fortress of Solitude:
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Super Friends and its tie-in and comic book series. It is an adaptation of Clark Kent/Superman. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Action Comics #1.
His origin was revealed in the episode "Secret Origins of the Super Friends" where the Legion of Doom traveled back in time to thwart Kal-El from ever becoming Superman.
- Superman was voiced by Danny Dark.
- Usually considered the leader of the Super Friends.
- 179 Appearances of Kal-El (Super Friends)
- 10 Images featuring Kal-El (Super Friends)
- 3 Quotations by or about Kal-El (Super Friends)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Super Friends)
Superman Family member
Daily Planet Staff member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.