Kal-El, or Clark Kent, was a Superhero on Earth when it was invaded by the Malazza-Rem, a group of space bandits who came to terrorize the planet. He and the Super Seven were fighting them off very well when their leader declared that 1,000 civilians would be killed every time they saw a Meta-Human, and five thousand more if any were to try to fight back. In an attempt to save themselves, the humans rebelled against the Meta-Humans, causing most to flee the planet. Clark, however, remained on earth under the name Clark Small. He then worked on a farm for ten years until he is found by Jimmy Olsen and Lana Lang, who deliver him a letter from Lois Lane, revealing that she is alive. This inspired Clark to become Superman again. He and Jimmy then flee the facility and are found by Wonder Woman. The three then set out to gain the help of Batman, who harshly turns them down. Wonder Woman then suggests that they go to the destroyed Coast City. There they find Hal Jordan being attacked by some Malazza-Rem. He agrees to join them, and Batman, who had been tracking them joined as well. In Coast City, they meet a young Meta-Human who claims to be Superman, and they turn him away. They then travel to Seattle, Washington to approach Wally West, whose legs were nearly destroyed ten years earlier. They recruit him to their cause and head to Metropolis through the Rocky Mountains where they find that Superboy has destroyed the Malazza-Rem base there and let some escape. Clark then allows him to stay so that they can monitor his activities. They reach the resistance base in Metropolis and are greeted by Metallex, who tells Clark that if they are to save the planet, they must overlook their differences. Superboy coins the name, Super Seven, and they prepare to fight the Malazza-Rem
After training in an underground bunker, the Super Seven head out on their mission to rescue Lois Lane, but they are led into a trap, which costs them the life of Wonder Woman. Batman and Superboy are able to get aboard a Malazza-Rem ship and disable it, which allows Clark, Green Lantern, and Metallex to continue fighting. When the Flash is killed, Superman and Superboy then board the downed ship and try to take down the Malazza-Rem's leader, but with some Kryptonite that he stole from Metallex, he is able to kill Superman due to prolonged exposure to the mineral.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Superman's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Superman can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Superman's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Superman's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Superman can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Supermans can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Superman can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Superman is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Superman is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superman is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Superman's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Superman is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Superman is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Longevity: Superman can live longer than regular humans, remaining at his prime as long as he was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- 2 Appearances of Kal-El (Super Seven)
- 9 Images featuring Kal-El (Super Seven)
- 1 Quotations by or about Kal-El (Super Seven)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Super Seven)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.