- I'm a newspaperman; I'll take a vacation when I die.
- — Clark Kent src
Clark Kent was a target of Planetary.
Sent to Earth from an alien planet and raised in Smallville by loving foster parents, Clark Kent would grow up to be a reporter for the Daily Planet, keeping his miraculous abilities a closely-guarded secret. His hometown would be leveled in a staged natural disaster and his parents killed, so that the Planetary organization would be able to acquire the starship that took him to Earth, reverse-engineered to allow a societal leap in technological advancement. In time, Clark would make contact with Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince, figures of power similarly injured by Planetary. After gathering together, and with Wayne revealing to Kent the truth of his parents' deaths, the group went to see the experimental time machine of Julius Erdel, only to be confronted by Ambrose Chase. Kent managed to defeat him with the others' help, and used Chase's teleport device to beam onto the Planetary group's lunar headquarters. However, Elijah Snow, knowing Kent's weaknesses, ejected Kent into space on the dark side of the moon, where he was blocked from sunlight and without gravity to manipulate.
- Alien Physiology
- Solar Energy Absorption: Clark Kent's alien cell structure is designed to process particular wavelengths of solar radiation, fueling organs (at least two of which are said to act on the unified field) that under proper circumstances grant him numerous posthuman capabilities.
- Flight: Like his superhuman speed and possibly his strength, based on the refraction of gravity.
- Superhuman Strength: May be based in the refraction of gravity in the same manner as his superhuman speed and ability to fly.
- Superhuman Speed: Like his ability to fly and possibly his strength, based on the refraction of gravity.
- Superhuman Vision
- Heat Vision
- X-Ray Vision
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision
- Superhuman Hearing
- Exertion: It is suggested more than once that pushing his abilities too far will have deleterious affects on Clark.
- Environmental Sensitivity: Kent's abilities are based on his presence in the very specific environment that Earth-like planets offer: removed from sunlight from too long a period, or with gravity subtracted, his powers will rapidly fade.
- 1 Appearances of Kal-El (Terra Occulta)
- 2 Images featuring Kal-El (Terra Occulta)
- 1 Quotations by or about Kal-El (Terra Occulta)
- Character Gallery: Kal-El (Terra Occulta)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.