"Me!": When gorilla commandoes attack Kamandi and his friends, it takes a giant sand-being to help turn the tide of battle.
- Keep up that kind of talk, and you'll frighten him, Canus. He'll think I'm a living A-bomb!
Appearing in "Me!"
Synopsis for "Me!"
When gorilla commandoes attack Kamandi and his friends, it takes a giant sand-being to help turn the tide of battle.
Appearing in "The Last Boy on Earth!"
- Kamandi (First appearance)
- Great Caesar's laser rod
- Atomic warhead
Synopsis for "The Last Boy on Earth!"
This story is reprinted from Kamandi #1.
Kamandi is the so-called "Last Boy on Earth". Growing up in an apocalyptic future, he rides a raft down the flooded streets of what was once Manhattan. He sees a group of nomadic humans who flee at the sight of him. While studying them, Kamandi hears an explosion emanating from his command bunker headquarters. He races back to the base to find that someone had set off the booby traps.
Running inside, he is shocked to discover that two wolf-men named Fen and Stek have murdered his grandfather and stolen some documents that they found within the bunker's walls. The wolves attack Kamandi, but he shrugs off the assault with some well-placed karate moves. They chase him down into the tunnels that run beneath Command D, but Kamandi pulls down some wires that strikes the water, electrocuting them.
Emerging from the tunnels, Kamandi takes the Wolves' wagon and drives away. A short time later, he comes upon another amazing sight - a squad of armored Tiger-Men embroiled in armed combat against some Leopard-Men. Kamandi finds himself caught in the middle of the conflict and is captured by the Tiger-Men. The Tiger-Men leader Great Caesar bring him back to the Royal City where he is imprisoned.
Kamandi meets a dog man named Doctor Canus, who is the caretaker of Caesar's prisoners as well as the keeper of a giant nuclear warhead - a holdover from the days before the Great Disaster. Inside Canus' private laboratory, Kamandi meets one of the Nuclear People - Ben Boxer. Kamandi is ecstatic at the chance to meet another human being.
- This issue is a double-sized giant special.
- This issue contains a four-page article written by Steve Sherman titled, "Jack Kirby - the Man With a Pencil".
- This issue contains a map detailing North America and South America following the events of the Great Disaster (taken from Kamandi #1).
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Kamandi Vol 1 32 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Kamandi series
- Images from Kamandi Vol 1 32
Links and References
- Kamandi article at Wikipedia
- Kamandi Home Page
- Kamandi biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Kamandi - The Last Boy on Earth comic series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Kamandi - The Last Boy on Earth comic series index at Dark Mark's Comic Indexing Domain
- Kamandi article at Toonpedia