His first order of business was to outlaw the Legionnaires and had them arrested for violating a curfew. A judge sentenced several of the heroes to hard labor on Takron-Galtos, the prison planetoid.
Chameleon Boy and his Espionage Squad tried to free their captured teammates, and with the help of Rond Vidar, discovered that President Boltax was a disguised Universo. After capturing their foe, and when the imprisoned heroes on Takron-Galtos were freed, they found the real President, who was kidnapped and held captive during the ordeal. Kandro Boltax continued as commander-in-chief until President Marte Allon (Colossal Boy's mom) was elected to the office.
- Was clean shaven when he took off, but grew a beard during his term.
- According to darkmark's comics indexing domain, there are two different but similarly named Presidents, Boltax last appearing in Superboy #212, Kandru last appearing in Superboy and the LSH #258. Marte Allon first appears as President in LSH #271. Who's Who in the LSH #3 (p. 16) regards Kandro Boltax and Kandru (note the spelling) as one person; a clean-shaven caucasian is depicted. Note, however, that the Who's Who title was published in 1988, i.e. post-Crisis, and was supposed to bring some order into the Legion world, so the two presidents may well have been collapsed into one.
- Another thing: Kandro Boltax first appears in Adventure Comics #359-362 (albeit as an Universo impersonation). Black-bearded Kandru (no other name recorded) indeed first appears in Superboy #228. It could be an oversight of the writers or of the indexers that they confused the similarly named characters.
- 17 Appearances of Kandro Boltax (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 1 Images featuring Kandro Boltax (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 1 Quotations by or about Kandro Boltax (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Kandro Boltax (Pre-Zero Hour)