Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Kanto is the chief assassin of Darkseid.
Kanto was sent by Darkseid to Earth 2 to take it over. Kanto and the other Apokolips' force failed to do so, due to the sacrifice of The Wonders of the World who managed to send all of the Parademons back to Apokolips leaving Kanto, Steppenwolf and all of the other remaining Apokolips' forces stranded. While Steppenwolf tries to take over the world for himself, Kanto stays loyal to his master Darkseid and continues to train super-humans to take over the world for him.
Main article: Justice League: The Darkseid War
In new straights Kanto has been reassigned to Prime Earth by his dark lord to hunt down and terminate the proginator of his daughter with the help of another one of Darkseid's Elite Warriors to aid in the hunt. As they discuss their differences on the preferences to this Earth after having just dispatched a Myrina of another name, Kanto preps his boom tube generator to take himself and Lashina to another mark, having recently completed said assignment they run into Mr. Miracle who just recently boomed into their location.
A fight ensues afterward between himself, the female fury and the runaway new god. As they were about to finish the deal Scott managed to boom out of there in time before he could land the killing blow.
Powers and Abilities
- New God Physiology: As a New God of Apokolips, Kanto is effectively immortal with a lifeline spanning several thousands of years. This does not imply that Kanto cannot be killed however.
- Swordsmanship: Kanto is a master swordsman and fighter, and considers his work his art. He models himself after the people of the Italian Renaissance whom he lived among during exile. He remains in the service of the recently revived Darkseid, awaiting his next command.
- Kanto was created by Jack Kirby, first appearing in Mister Miracle #7. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Kanto first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #41 by Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok.
- 12 Appearances of Kanto (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Kanto (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Kanto (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kanto (Prime Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.