Kaara Zor-El was born on the planet Krypton, which eventually started destabilizing. After some while, her father created a spacecraft to help her escape to Earth before the planet was destroyed. Though she successfully escaped along with her baby cousin Kal-El. Unfortunately, her spacecraft took decades to reach its destination and she remained in suspended animation, never growing up.
When Kara's spacecraft crash-landed on Earth, she was reunited with her cousin, who had grown into an adult unlike her, having reach the planet a long time earlier. She was devastated to learn about Krypton and them being the only survivors. Despite this, she grew to start loving Earth, though still not entirely trustful of people, and decided to become a hero herself like her cousin who was called "Superman", and took the moniker of "Supergirl".
Kara joined the other heroes in battling the Anti-Monitor when he started destroying the multiverse and sacrificed herself to stop him. Superman mourned her cousin's loss, however she was replaced by another version as the timeline reset. Due to her trauma, Kara gained a hot-headed disposition. Since she didn't grow with the powers Kryptonians are granted under a yellow star, she gained notoriety for being reckless while using them.
As the most powerful wave of Infinite Crisis struck, realities were torn asunder and cast adrift into the Bleed. This resulted in Gotham City of Earth-19 and Gotham of Earth-0, which were adrift in the Bleed, to be merged together. Supergirl decided to band with the other heroes to fight the threat endangering the multiverse.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Supergirl possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Supergirl's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Her biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and her bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Supergirl can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. She can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Supergirl's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, she can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Supergirl's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Supergirl can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. She can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, she can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows her to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Supergirls can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. She can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Supergirl can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Supergirl is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of her dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Supergirl is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, her extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Supergirl is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on her body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Supergirl's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of her musculature. Her strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables her to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Supergirl is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to her perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Supergirl is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from her lungs. She can chill the air as it leaves her lungs to freeze targets. She can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into her lungs.
- Longevity: Supergirl can live longer than regular humans, remaining at her prime as long as she was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Supergirl possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Power Instability: Having never grown-up with her powers like her cousin Superman, Kara hasn't learnt to perfectly control them yet and is more reckless.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Infinite Crisis (Video Game) franchise and is an adaptation of Supergirl. The original character was created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino and first appeared in Action Comics #252.
- Supergirl was voiced by Camilla Luddington.
- 3 Appearances of Kara Zor-El (Infinite Crisis Video Game: Earth-0)
- 1 Images featuring Kara Zor-El (Infinite Crisis Video Game: Earth-0)
- Quotations by or about Kara Zor-El (Infinite Crisis Video Game: Earth-0)
- Character Gallery: Kara Zor-El (Infinite Crisis Video Game: Earth-0)
Superman Family member