Originally, Linda was six miniature clones of Supergirl. The clones were created by a member of The Council called Drake, who intended to create an army of super-beings. Still the process of replication was imperfect, and the duplicates were a mere twelve-inch.
When Supergirl managed to break out from Drake's lab and headed off to the Fortress of Solitude to recover, the six clones were sent out to combat her. Even if tiny, the clones were every bit as powerful as their template and very nearly killed her when they hurled her into the Atomic Cauldron. However, Supergirl managed to defeat the clones and removed their powers, using Gold Kryptonite. She then placed them into suspended animation.
While in suspended animation, the six clones used their mental energies to merge into a single full-sized clone and escape. Yearning for a normal life, "Linda" managed to put a block on Kara's memories of ever being anyone but Supergirl, and stealing a ship in Superman's Fortress, she programmed a course for Chicago.
However, "Linda"'s memories of her origin began fading away after the merge. By the time she reached Chicago and left the ship she had become convinced that she really was Linda Danvers and took over her life. The clone spent a short while living Linda Danvers' life, wondering why she had lost her powers and who was that "fake" Supergirl flying around Chicago until she was confronted by the real Supergirl. Upon remembering her true origins, "Linda" broke down in tears. However, Supergirl assured her that the world was big enough for two women with the same face. And that they could find "Linda" a new name and place in the world.
Linda possesses Kara Zor-El's memories and knowledge, allowing her feats such like piloting a spaceship safely.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Linda possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)
- 5 Appearances of Kara Zor-El Clone (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Kara Zor-El Clone (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Kara Zor-El Clone (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kara Zor-El Clone (Earth-One)
- Linda Danvers at dccomics.com
- Linda Danvers at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at DC Comics
- Supergirl at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Supermanica
- Supergirl Comic-Book Chronology
- Power Girl at Wikipedia.org
- Power Girl at TV Tropes
- Power Girl at Supermanica
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."