Kari Limbo was the first love of Guy Gardner, a gypsy fortune teller with limited precognition.
Briefly after Guy was presumed to be dead, Kari helped Green Lantern and Green Arrow stop two criminals from attempting a terrorist attack on a nuclear plant. She also felt attracted to Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), making her feel like Guy did, and they started a relationship. Kari soon discovered Hal's identity before he revealed it, and she proposed to marry him. However, their wedding got interrupted after Hal discovered Guy Gardner was still alive, trapped in the Phantom Zone. Knowing her first beloved was not dead, Kari couldn't keep her relationship with Hal, so they broke up. When Guy fell into a coma, Kari stood by his side, nursing him.
When Guy woke up and reclaimed his place as a Green Lantern, Kari sensed his mind and convinced Hal Jordan and the other Lanterns on Earth to not allow Guy to be taken back to Maltus. She finally reunited with him at the Citadel, but Guy, being brain-damaged after his coma, didn't feel any love toward her anymore.
She perished in the destruction of Coast City.
Powers and Abilities
- Precognition: Kari Limbo has a limited ability to perceive the future. With her psychic abilities, she was able to resist G. Gordon Godfrey's persuasion during his anti-super hero campaign.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 23 Appearances of Kari Limbo (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Kari Limbo (New Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Kari Limbo (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kari Limbo (New Earth)