Karl Kyle was the brother of Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman. He decided to adopt his own criminal identity as The King of the Cats after being inspired by his sister's amazing crimes.
However, Selina had already left her criminal life behind and she tried to talk Karl out of his life of crime, but he didn't listen. It wasn't until he was confronted by Batman and later saved by his sister, that he understood that crime doesn't pay and he reformed.
In 1955, Karl attended the wedding of Selina to Bruce Wayne.
- Catmobile: This vehicle was previously used by Catwoman and he took it for his criminal activities.
- This version of King of the Cats, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #4 establishes that Karl Kyle exists on Earth-One too (see Catwoman II entry), but it is unknown if he was also the King of the Cats in that dimension.
- 2 Appearances of Karl Kyle (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Karl Kyle (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Karl Kyle (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Karl Kyle (Earth-Two)