Karmark was a gorilla that was used as a test subject by the scientist Walter Hewitt. Karmak developed the ability to think and mind-control Hewitt after an experiment in which Hewit tried to gain Karmak's natural gorilla abilities. Karmak's mind turned evil and forced Hewitt to commit crimes across Gotham City. Karmak was eventually confronted by Batman and tricked the Caped Crusader into a trap, where Karmak absorbed Batman's fighting abilities and intellect. However, all of Karmak's new powers would fade away after a few days. For this reason, Karmak attempted to blow up Gotham with a bomb strapped to his body, but his plan was thwarted by Batman. Karmak was then returned to the laboratory, where Hewitt used anesthesia to keep the gorilla sleeping until his powers were completely gone and he was eventually returned to the jungle.
- Mind Control (Formerly): Karmak was able to control Walter Hewitt, the scientist that first gave him his powers.
- Genius Level Intellect (Formerly): Karmak's intellect was increased when he transferred Batman's mental prowess.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced) (Formerly): Karmak's fighting ability was increased when he transferred Batman's fighting skills.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 2 Appearances of Karmak (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Karmak (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Karmak (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Karmak (New Earth)