In a bid for unity on the war-torn planet, Myand'r and Tharras decided their children should marry to form a strong pact between the Southern States and Tamarus. Karras knew it was his duty to marry Koriand'r (Starfire), though he was loath to do so, as he loved his lieutenant Taryia instead. Koriand'r also had another lover, Dick Grayson. The two eventually married, though mostly out of convenience. Taryia was understanding of their plight, and could bring herself to hate her, although she had wanted to. Dick was less understanding.
Despite their marriage, Starfire eventually moved back to Earth, which Karras understood. He went back to Taryia, and got her pregnant, though he did not live long enough to see the child be born. He worked with his wife one final time, in an effort to save Tamaran from his sister Xyannis and her lover Zorgan Allestra, two terrorists who threatened the planet with bombs. Karras, Xyannis and Zorgan did not survive the final showdown.
- Tamaranean Physiology
- Energy Absorption: Like all members of the Tamaranean race, he can harness and channel ultraviolet radiation. The power of the sun is what gives a Tamaranean their strength and vitality, as well as other unique gifts.
- Flight: By processing solar radiation from the star Vega, he can channel this energy to enable himself to fly.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 27 Appearances of Karras (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Karras (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Karras (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Karras (New Earth)