Katherine "Kit" Colby was the daughter of Judge Colby in the western town of Moon Bow in the mid-20th Century.
Named after the legendary frontiersman Kit Carson, she proved herself just as skilled at marksmanship and horseback riding as her namesake. When the Moon Bow town council decided to hold a contest, open to all, to select a new sheriff, Kit entered against her father's protestations. Not only did Kit win the contest, she also foiled a gang of outlaws who tried to rob a bank while most of the townsfolk were out watching the show, proving herself more than qualified for the position of sheriff and winning both the town's and her father's admiration. She was sworn in as sheriff the next day, and that very same day busted the bank robbers again when they broke out of prison.
- Firearms: Kit is talented enough with a pistol to shoot a target while leaping from one horse to another.
- Equestrianism: Kit was an exceptionally agile horseback rider.
- Tracking: Like her namesake Kit Carson, Kit Colby is a highly skilled tracker and rangefinder. She can construct simple but effective traps and snares to catch her quarry.
- Flash: Kit's trusty horse.
- This version of Kit Colby, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Kit Colby was the star of a backup feature in the licensed comic Jimmy Wakely, appearing in all but two issues of the series.
- 16 Appearances of Katherine Colby (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Katherine Colby (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Katherine Colby (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Katherine Colby (Earth-Two)