When Kathy adopted the role of Batwoman, Batman wanted her to retire from the role for fear that she would be hurt in her costumed exploits. Kane would continue to operate in her costumed identity until she learned that Batman had become deeply romantically interested in someone in his unmasked identity. While Wayne never revealed his identity to her, or explicitly told her of his private life, she said she knew of his change in his attitude to her and assumed as such. She largely retired from her costumed role soon after this.
Years later, she learned that Wayne was the original Batman when his costume identity was revealed to the general public after his own demise. Not long after this, Kane resumed her costumed identity when she learned of the presence of a "new" Batman. When she found him, Kathy learned that this Batman belonged in the alternate timeline of Earth-One, but the emotional shock of seeing Batman alive was still great. However, Kathy realized that he was not the love of her life reborn, but was a completely new person.
- Batwoman first appeared in Earth-One continuity in Detective Comics #233 by Edmond Hamilton and Sheldon Moldoff. She first appeared in Earth-Two continuity in The Brave and the Bold #182 by Alan Brennert and Jim Aparo.
- A lot of the history of the Batwoman of Earth-Two is unknown as she has only two confirmed recorded appearances. One could argue that much of her early history prior to retirement mirrors that of her Earth-One counterpart.
- This version of Batwoman, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 5 Appearances of Katherine Kane (Earth-Two)
- 2 Images featuring Katherine Kane (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Katherine Kane (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Katherine Kane (Earth-Two)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.