Kaylark is a member of the Green Lantern Corps.
Kaylark was born and grew up in the planet D'xe, with a dysfunctional family that never paid attention to her. Eventually, her parents split up, and she was treated with scorn, because that's the way broken families are treated in that planet. Still, she gathered courage to confront her loneliness, and the Guardians of the Universe recognized that courage and recruited her as a Green Lantern.
One day, while patrolling with Eddore, Kaylark came across with a pirate ship on a quest to find powerful weapons in every sector. These pirates, known as the Free Lancers, gave her information about the Guardians secretly developing an improved Power Ring, with no weakness to the color yellow. Along with Eddore and Galiuz Zed, Kaylark confronted the Guardians and stole one of those improved rings.
Even though this ring was invulnerable to yellow, she fell vulnerable to her deepest fears: ending up unloved and unrecognized. To that end, and seduced by power, Kaylark turned herself into Empress Surrenda, ruler of D'xe. Hal Jordan confronted her and used that vulnerability to defeat Surrenda. Seizing her power ring, Hal used its yellow-proof power to destroy her yellow castle.
It was revealed later that Kaylark's actions were part of a test of Hal's psyche. Though he passed Kaylark's test, she began to view Hal as her own greatest fear after learning of his possession by Parallax.
Powers and Abilities
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 5 Appearances of Kaylark (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Kaylark (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Kaylark (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kaylark (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."