Keith Kenyon was a political sciences student who was exposed to a chest of gold that had been affected by toxic waste. As a result of exposure, he gained superhuman strength and invulnerability. The gold also gave him a golden glow, apparently as a side effect of the serum. Of course, being close enough to yellow meant that Green Lantern's power ring could not affect him directly, making him particularly formidable against the super-hero. Deciding to rebel against the wishes of his father, a prominent labor union organizer, he began stealing gold around Coast City, which led to his defeat by Green Lantern. He began to refine his criminal ways by wearing gold-plated armor and using a "gold-gun" which sprays liquid gold. After many clashes with Green Lantern, Kenyon decided to change his motif and ruthlessly began taking over criminal empires.
In recent years he apparently let go of his villanious ways. After serving his time, he moved to Keystone City and, following in his father's footsteps, became an honest Commissioner of Union 242.
Over time, his elixir has slowly turned his skin into an organic golden flesh.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: Experimentation with a unique brand of undersea gold that's been saturated in ocean water for hundreds of years created a unique brew which gave Keith his super powers over all things made of gold. Improvement of the formula not only made the effects of which permanant, but gave Goldface new powers which he hid behind a placebo weapon.
- Invulnerability: Keith Kenyon is virtually indestructible due to the gold-colored elixir that covers his body.
- Superhuman Strength: As Goldface, Keith Kenyon possesses superhuman strength.
- Super Auric Energy: Kenyon also found he could project this effect as a unique form of ultraviolet light.(Formerly)
- Power Instability: His gold potions effects were only temporary, being undone by a counter formula that negates the powers bestowed.(Formerly)
- Vulnerability to Gold: His augmented body could be undone with the only thing able to bypass the Auric energy within him, Gold.
- Golden armor (to supplement his outer shell)
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 54 Appearances of Keith Kenyon (New Earth)
- 17 Images featuring Keith Kenyon (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Keith Kenyon (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Keith Kenyon (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."