Kenneth Anderson was a Gotham City scientist. Working as geologist for Vesper Research Laboratories, Anderson discovered a strange glowing rock. Guessing it came from space and contained an unknown kind of energy able to supply the whole country, Anderson made his finding public, but his discovery had little impact. Resentful and angry, Anderson set out to experiment with the stone, determined to unlock his power.
Anderson managed to release a little fraction of its power, but his body was bathed by the strange energies released. Anderson evolved into some kind of large-headed mutant endowed with psychic powers. His changes also altered his emotions, driving him into a rage. Eager to punish those who he belittled him, Anderson went to blast Hinchcliff Research Laboratories down.
His rampage was halted by Batgirl and Supergirl. As fighting both heroines off, Annihilator was exposed to Supergirl's heat blasts and his body started mutating again. Annihilator teleported away and realized his powers had grown, and his attitude had changed along with them. Prior to the second change he wanted to destroy Gotham; now he wanted to rebuild it and repopulate the city with a new mutant race fathered by him. In order to create a proper mate, Annihilator set out to build a ray gun powered by his space stone.
He had just completed his weapon when his precognition warned him Supergirl and Batgirl were approaching his hideout. Annihilator pondered his ray would probably have no effect upon the invulnerable Kryptonian, but her human partner was good enough.
Annihilator attempted to turn Batgirl into another evolved being, but during the battle, the Darknight Damsel realized heat triggered Annihilator's body changes, hence cold might revert them. Using a fire hydrant, Batgirl got him drenched, which allowed Supergirl to freeze-breath him. Annihilator changed back into Kenneth Anderson and lost his powers.
Unique Physiology (Formerly): Upon contact with an alien energy source, Kenneth Anderson mutated and earned extraordinary psychic powers. Exposure to an intense heat source accelerated his mutation and increased his powers.
- Energy Absorption
- Energy Projection
- Energy Transference
- Molecular Reconstruction
- Vulnerability to Cold: Exposure to intense cold reverts his mutations and causes power loss.
- This version of Kenneth Anderson, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Batgirl Recommended Reading
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)
- 3 Appearances of Kenneth Anderson (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Kenneth Anderson (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Kenneth Anderson (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kenneth Anderson (Earth-One)
|Batgirl Villain(s) |
|Supergirl Villain(s) |