- Your outrage doesn't justify murder.
- — Doctor Fate src
After defeating the society in Gorilla City, Dr. Fate appears before Black Canary and Green Arrow, cryptically warning them about an upcoming threat. When they refuse to heed his warning, Nabu takes over and fights the hero of the player's choice. Afterwards, it is shown that the threat was Brainiac.
Kent is seen trying to help some random civilians that are near death due to the invasion. However Nabu takes control once again, preventing Kent from saving a woman. It is here, Nabu states that he believes in Brainiac's methods, seeing them as the ultimate form of balance. During Chapter 11, Doctor Fate reappears, once again controlled by Nabu and fights either Superman or Batman, again the player's choice, as the Lord of Order sees the duo as agents of chaos. After the battle, Superman collapses the Helm of Fate, freeing Kent from Nabu's control, where he voices his apology. However before Kent can offer his aid, he is killed by one of the tendrils in the ship.
Possible Post-Brainiac Epilogue
This section of history takes place in a timeline outside that of normal Injustice: Gods Among Us history. Information here does not reflect the true history of neither the Injustice: Gods Among Us universe nor the Injustice: The Regime universe, and should not be seen as relevant to future sequels or comic adaptations.
"The Lords of Order believed Earth couldn't be saved. That only Brainiac's evil could restore order. I knew refusing the Lords' fate would anger them, and that they'd try to destroy me. Anyone else would have no where to run. Fortunately, I still had friends in low places. The House of Mystery guards the Helm. Zatanna and Constantine's spells conceal me from the Lords.
But it was John's daughter Rose who gave me the greatest gift of all. My wife Inza returned to life and in my arms again! For the first time since taking up the Helm, I don't know what tomorrow will bring. And that is ... perfect."
- Power Instability: The Helmet of Fate warps Kent's mind so that he sometimes loses control of himself. The helmet obeys the Lords of Order and will sometimes force Kent to do their bidding against his own wishes.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the video game Injustice: Gods Among Us and its tie-in comic book series. It is an adaptation of Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate. The original character was created by Gardner Fox and Howard Sherman and first appeared in More Fun Comics #55.
- Doctor Fate was voiced by David Sobolov.
- 30 Appearances of Kent Nelson (Injustice)
- 4 Images featuring Kent Nelson (Injustice)
- 2 Quotations by or about Kent Nelson (Injustice)
- Character Gallery: Kent Nelson (Injustice)
This character is or was a member of the Insurgency, a gathering of heroes and villains who have come together to usurp Superman's Regime and restore democratic order on Earth in the events that precede and include the Injustice: Gods Among Us video game.
Justice Society of America member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.