Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The New Dr. Fate
After retiring as Dr. Fate at some point Kent Nelson returned to being Dr. Fate after meeting his grandnephew Khalid Nassour who was the current Dr. Fate. Together they would use the power of Nabu to fight an ancient Egyptian monster.
Fate at some point appeared to Ted Kord to warn him of the power of the Blue Beetle's Scarab telling that he sensed great magic emanating from it. However it was revealed that the spirit Nabu was taking the form of Kent and while the real one was trapped in the tower of fate. Kent would later regain control of his body to aid Blue Beetle and Ted Kord.
Kent used to be the member of the Justice Society of America, but this was prevented from ever happening by Dr. Manhattan's interference. Manhattan later attempted to fix the timeline and reality but failed, as they merely re-adjusted into a new version. Fate returned to being a member of the Justice Society when Wally West, having gained the powers of Dr. Manhattan and acquiring the Mobius Chair, attempted to fix time by merging the various timelines.
Powers and Abilities
- Occultism: Because of the time he has spent as Doctor Fate, Kent has learnt a great deal about the different aspects of magic and how they work.
- Doctor Fate was created by Gardner Fox and Howard Sherman, first appearing in More Fun Comics #55. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Doctor Fate first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Harley Quinn (Volume 2) #20 by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, and John Timms.
- As Doctor Fate, Kent was considered the strongest of the "Sorcerer" classification, magic users who used enchanted objects to mitigate the cost of certain magics and spells and focus their magics through them.
- 92 Appearances of Kent Nelson (Prime Earth)
- 22 Images featuring Kent Nelson (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Kent Nelson (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kent Nelson (Prime Earth)
|All-Star Squadron member|
This character is or was a member of the All-Star Squadron in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "All-Star Squadron members" category.
Justice Society of America member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.