- I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again.
- -- Dr. Fate src
In his youth, Kent Nelson came into possession of the Helmet of Nabu and became Dr. Fate. As Dr. Fate, Nelson became a member of the Justice Society of America. However, his activities came to an end, when he was framed for crimes by Checkmate and institutionalized.
After his release, Nelson began demonstrating signs of mental illness. He had lost his family, but not all of them. Carter Hall (formerly Hawkman) stayed with Nelson and took care of him.
In 2010, Nelson was forced to become Dr. Fate again, to combat the son of one of the JSA:s old foes. This lead to an encounter with Clark Kent and his friends. Dr. Fate saw Clark's future, which filled him with hope.
Dr. Fate lost his life, in a confrontation with Cameron Mahkent. Rather than saving himself, Dr. Fate used the last of his power to restore the powers of the Martian Manhunter.
- Magic: While wearing the Helmet of Nabu, Kent possessed magical powers. The full extent of these powers are unknown.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and is an adaptation of Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate. The original character was created by Gardner Fox and Howard Sherman and first appeared in More Fun Comics #55.
- Kent Nelson was played by Brent Stait.
- 4 Appearances of Kent Nelson (Smallville)
- 6 Images featuring Kent Nelson (Smallville)
- 6 Quotations by or about Kent Nelson (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Kent Nelson (Smallville)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
Justice Society of America member