Kerry Astin is a circus illusionist under the alias Mirage.
He would forgo performance for crime and began a crime wave in Gotham City that attracted the attention of the Batman. Although Mirage managed to beat Batman with his illusions several times, he was eventually defeated after Batman came up with a strategy that destroyed Mirage's gem, the source of his power.
Mirage also fought Manhunter Mark Shaw, who came for Mirage's bounty. However, Mirage disoriented Shaw with his hallucinations long enough for him to shoot Shaw multiple times and leave him for dead. Unfortunately for Mirage, Shaw's family arrived and helped Shaw in subduing Mirage.
While in prison, Mirage would later escape by creating an illusion of himself in his cell from the fragments of his gem that he managed to forge into contact lenses. Once free, Mirage started another crime wave, coming into conflict with Batman again. He was subsequently defeated and sent back to prison.
Following the Infinite Crisis, Mirage was freed again and ultimately killed by Bruno Mannheim, who bashed Mirage's head into the Crime Bible and sent his body to the kitchen to be prepared for Mannheim to eat.
Powers and Abilities
- Illusion Casting: Mirage's illusions are created from a gem of unknown origin.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 8 Appearances of Kerry Astin (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Kerry Astin (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Kerry Astin (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kerry Astin (New Earth)