Batman Character Guide [INTERACTIVE]
Do you like this video?
Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Powers and Abilities
- Removal via Magic: Proficient users of magic such as Mordecai Cull and Arion were capable of removing Khaji Da from his host.
- Stronger Minds: With a sufficiently powerful host, Khaji Da can lose control over the abilities he gives them. When Arion usurped the scarab from Jaime, he was able to make full use of it's innate magical energy combined with his own and force it to bond while inhibiting Khaji Da's own will.
- Originally presented as a form of alien technology from the Reach, Khaji Da has since also been said by Doctor Fate to be a mystical artifact. He further elaborates the idea of it being alien technology having been a false lie conjured by sorcerers to hide it's true nature. However, Kelex identifies it as 'Occult Xenotechology', and Gold Beetle later explains that the Scarab was a Reach artifact that was later imbued with magical power.
- Khaji Da was created by Joe Gill and Bill Fraccio, first appearing in Blue Beetle (Volume 3) #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Khaji Da first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Blue Beetle (Volume 8) #1 by Tony Bedard and Ig Guara.
- 22 Appearances of Khaji Da (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Khaji Da (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Khaji Da (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Khaji Da (Prime Earth)