- I knew we've discovered a formula to create a totally new species, neither man nor bat. Once I started taking it, I couldn't stop. I desperately wanted to, but it took over.
- — Kirk Langstrom src
Scientist Kirk Langstrom becomes Man-Bat a winged menace who frequently goes on rampages that are stopped by Batman.
Kirk Langstrom was a scientist who worked on the Gotham Zoo researching bat DNA, hoping to implement some of its characteristics on humans. He abstracted a serum, which he tried on himself - to devastating effect, as he (temporarily) transformed into a large bat-like creature. After commiting crimes across Gotham City, Batman managed to capture him and he restored him to his human form.
- Transformation (Formerly): Upon injection of his bat gland extract, Kirk Langstrom can transform himself into a half-human/half-bat creature. Once the serum wears off, the Man-Bat returns back to human form.
- Flight: Man-Bat can fly by way of genetically generated leather wings.
- Claws: The Man-Bat has sharpened claws which are strong enough to easily tear through flesh and muscle.
- Echolocation: Man-Bat can navigate through the air by way of echolocation, similar in function to a bat's radar.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Stamina
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Man-Bat. The original character was created by Frank Robbins and Neal Adams and first appeared in Detective Comics #400.
- Kirk Langstrom was voiced by Marc Singer.
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: On Leather Wings
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Terror in the Sky
- 13 Appearances of Kirk Langstrom (DCAU)
- 4 Images featuring Kirk Langstrom (DCAU)
- 3 Quotations by or about Kirk Langstrom (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Kirk Langstrom (DCAU)