Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Publicly the Hyper-Family members are model superheroes of the United Planets Superwatch, but Hyperman and Hyperwoman also use their superpowers to commit murder and other crimes secretly.
Hyperboy was promised in an arranged marriage with Shadow-Princess Illistra of the planet Kranaltine, otherwise Kranaltine would lose its colonial grip on Trombus and control of the Fomalhaut trade corridor. Kirk, however, did not want to marry the princess and be trapped in a loveless union with her. His mother forced him, but now that she and his father were arrested for their crimes, he rebelled against his destiny, revealing that the Hyper-Family insignia on his chest was not who he was and that he wanted to be free to be anything he wanted, and even asked in front of everyone at the wedding why he couldn't be the princess. Illistra agreed, as she considered him obnoxious, preferring that they wage war instead.
Hyperboy's faithful friend is Klypso the Hyper-dog.
Powers and Abilities
- Trombusan Physiology: Kirk's father has shown super strength and his mother has shown super strength, flight and heat vision, but Kirk has not yet revealed any superpower of his own.
- Hyperboy was created by Otto Binder, first appearing in Superboy #144. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Hyperboy first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in The Green Lantern #9 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp.
- 3 Appearances of Kirk Quentin (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Kirk Quentin (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Kirk Quentin (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kirk Quentin (Prime Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."