Klarn the Immortal Man was once the most heroic member of a unique prehistoric tribe that survived the dangers of their secluded valley through the use of extraordinary super-powers, the warrior who would one day be known as the Immortal Man was the sworn enemy of the terrible barbarian name Vandar Adg, perhaps the most evil human who ever lived. Many times the young warrior had engaged in battle with Vandar Adg, their struggle never reaching a clear conclusion.
On the day of what was intended to be their final confrontation, fate intervened in the form of a mysterious fireball that exploded above the field of battle. Bathed in the fireball's unearthly radiation, Vandar Adg became immortal. Form that moment on, he would never age, never die. While the young warrior, although not directly affected by the radiation, found himself changing as well. From the very heart of the exploded fireball, the young warrior extracted a glowing jewel, which he would wear the moment on as an amulet around his neck. He soon discovered that, after a fashion, he too had become immortal.
If mortally wounded, this Immortal Man would die like any other man–only to be instantly reborn as someone else, someone new, sometimes younger, sometimes older, but always someone different.
Vandal Savage, as Vandar Adg now called himself, lived on through the ages. He was king in ancient Sumer. He built pyramids in Egypt. He ravaged half the world as Genghis Khan. And, throughout all that time, the ever-resurrected Immortal Man remained his greatest enemy. In various forms, he followed Vandal Savage across the face of the earth, trying to rid the world of his evil.
On the later half of the 20th Century, realizing that Vandal Savage's power was growing too great for him to combat alone, the Immortal Man gathered a group of once-famous adventures to form the organization known as the Forgotten Heroes. Together, with the occasional aid of Superman, they have done their best to thwart Vandal Savage's plans and to battle evil all over the world. In the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Immortal Man used his life-energy to save the Earth but lost his life.
- Reincarnation: Klarn spirit is only part of him that is immortal, he is reborn in a new body each time he dies. The reincarnations appears to happen almost immediately on death, and he does not always remember who he was before, or learns of it later. He usually retains most of the skills he has learned in previous lives. Klarn's physical prowess and hand-to-hand combative abilities vary from body to body, he is always possessed of extraordinary mental abilities as a result of his ancient heritage.
- Genius Level Intellect: Schooled in millennia of history, warfare and science.
- Tactical Analysis
- Expert Combatant: Klarn was an accomplished hand-to-hand combatant. He is a milennia of knowledge of fighting techniques from his many lives.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 21 Appearances of Klarn Arg (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Klarn Arg (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Klarn Arg (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Klarn Arg (New Earth)
|Prehistoric Character(s) |
This character is or was from the Prehistoric Era, thousands of years in the past, including but not limited to the time of Dinosaurs and the dawning of the species of man. These stories occur traditionally before history was formally recorded, and civilization developed completely.