Klax-Ar was a Kryptonian scientist exiled from Krypton for devoting his research to make weapons.
As he was placed within a sealed capsule and launched into space, Klar swore revenge upon the people of Krypton.
Jax's ship landed on a distant planet and he set out to develop a weapon fueled by the Atron-Rays and able to destroy his homeworld. Though he found his sky-mine was useless, and his exposure to Atron-rays was weakening his powers.
About one decade later, Klax tracked down a Kryptonian survivor and made his way to Smallville, Kansas. Klax introduced himself to Kal-El and fed him a story about his "sky-mine" causing the explosion of Krypton before throwing another. Superboy was unable to destroy it, so he tried to talk Klax out of obliterating Earth. Klax agreed on the condition that Superboy exiled himself from Earth and travelled with him across the universe.
Superboy reluctantly agreed to do so, but he didn't trust Klax so he got one Superman Robot to pose as himself. Klax got into his ship together with "Superboy", and upon taking off he revealed his plan to steal Superboy's strength. Knowing the "sky-mine" was harmless, the real Superboy showed up and flung the ship into space.
After spending years trapped in his ship with the Superboy Robot, Klax-Ar landed on another planet. Klax managed to short-circuit the robot and reverse-engineer its technology to build a "super-sky-sled" endowed with several Superboy's powers and a "mentomatron" helmet which allowed telepathic communication. Yet it wasn't enough for Klar, who craved for finding Earth again and steal Kal-El's natural powers.
It was then Lesla-Lar's disembodied spirit decided to turn him into her revenge tool. A mental suggestion guided him to Kara Zor-El. Klax attacked Supergirl, trusting on his sky-sled's powers to subdue her, but Supergirl tricked him into flying back to Earth where the planet's pollution gummed up his sled's circuits. Supergirl then knocked him down and took her to a planet-prison known as Cronis.
Powers and Abilities
Klax-Ar could have all the powers of a Kryptonian under a yellow sun - had he not been exposed to the Atron-Rays. It is possible that prolonged exposure of these rays could do the same to any other Kryptonian.
- Non-powered Kryptonians are vulnerable to Anti-Kryptonite - but it is unknown if the exposure to Atron-Rays also removed this drawback.
- This version of Klax-Ar, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 6 Appearances of Klax-Ar (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Klax-Ar (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Klax-Ar (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Klax-Ar (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."