This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.
Kon-El, or better known as Conner Kent, is a half-human, half-kryptonian teenage clone of Superman and member of the Teen Titans.
After Superman was supposedly killed by Doomsday, Lex Luthor created multiple clones of him, one of which was Superboy, Conner Kent. In a fit of rage, Superman proceeded to destroy any remaining clones, though remained ecstatic to meet the young man.
During the fateful day, Superboy was having a friendly game of tag with Kid Flash and Beast Boy. When the nuke was triggered, Bart was unknowingly running towards the center of the blast and was killed instantly, while the radiation killed Beast Boy despite Conner's vain attempt to shield his friend. He and the other Titans later hold a funeral for them and the other heroes that lost their lives.
After Superman started his brutal crusade against criminals after the destruction of Metropolis and the death of Lois, Superboy, alongside Red Robin, Wonder Girl and Starfire attempted to stop Superman with a Phantom Zone projector, however, Superman defeated him and left him mortally wounded. Superman then told the surviving Titans to get Superboy and themselves into Phantom Zone to save his life and to keep themselves from interfering with his plans, reluctantly, they complied and entered the Phantom Zone.
The Titans would remain in the prison more than six years until they were found by Plastic Man, who was sent to rescue them. As his heart was still punctured, only Superboy was left behind, with the others promising to find a way out for him.
After the death of Zod by the hands of Amazo, Superboy received a transplanted heart of the former Kryptonian General to his body. Only after his successful surgery did he learn of Tim's death at Zod's hands.
At the Fortitude of Solitude, Conner Kent continues to absorb solar energy to complete healing of the heart transplant he has just received. Cassie informs him of what happens in Delhi, and of course Superboy, even though he is not 100% yet and that Amazo was able to tear Zod's head off (although he was also weakened by his long time in the ghost zone), will not sit idly by.
But the Kents are not going to let the boy they also consider their son leave just like that. They consider that the world needs hope, and that the symbol of the "S" must be seen again as something that is on the side of good. So they have a gift for him; one of Superman's suits when he was younger and of Conner's height and measurements. Thus, Conner goes to Delhi wearing the uniform of the man of steel, and the world has again a Superman to fight for truth and justice.
Amazo only takes 5 minutes to attack Delhi and has already claimed 23,000 human lives and massive material damage. The Team Batman is transported to the place while Superboy, Starfire, Wonder Girl and Steel fly at full speed to join them in the battle.
Superboy tries to contain Amazo fighting hand to hand against him, but the android repels him with his vision of heat. Batman, using his combat armor, tries the same thing but only manages to see himself on the ground while the android rips off pieces of the armor and is about to kill him.
But at that moment, something hits Amazo's head and saves Batman's life. A shield. thrown by Wonder Woman, who, holding out her hand to Bruce, tells her they have work to do. Despite Wonder Woman's reinforcements, Amazo is able to outlast the others until something launches him to the moon, where he is destroyed. When Batman begins sparking conflict with Wonder Woman, Superboy intervenes and defuses the situation, placing priority in tending to the wounded.
Hoping to gather new recruits for the Teen Titans, Superboy and the others choose to visit Blue Beetle and try to bring him in, but the teen is kidnapped by Lobo under orders from Metron. Metron reveals a new threat posed by the Red Lanterns of Atrocitus and Superboy and the Titans move to rescue the Green Lanterns stationed at Oa.
As various Green Lanterns were possessed by Starro, Superboy joins Hal Jordan's charge to rescue the remaining lanterns. During the chase he and Wondergirl are separated and end up running into Brainiac's ship. The alien, intrigued by the Kryptonian design of Conner's suit, sends his robots to capture both. As their oxygen masks were destroyed, the pair are forced to enter the ship, where they are tortured and interrogated. Conner and Cassie are later abandoned and left to suffocate in the vacuum of space, but they are rescued by heroes of another timeline, brought in by Booster Gold. The pair depart to join their saviors and are never heard of since.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superboy possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Superboy's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Superboy can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Superboy's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Superboy's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Superboy can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Superboys can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Superboy can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Superboy is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Superboy is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superboy is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Superboy's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Superboy is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Superboy is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Longevity: Superboy can live longer than regular humans, remaining at his prime as long as he was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superboy possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- 14 Appearances of Kon-El (Injustice)
- 6 Images featuring Kon-El (Injustice)
- 1 Quotations by or about Kon-El (Injustice)
- Character Gallery: Kon-El (Injustice)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
Superman Family member
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.
|Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the superhero team known as the Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans members" category.