- "I am KORGE!... God of RAGE!... Imprisoned long EONS!... Now free AGAIN!"
- — Korge src
Korge was a self-entitled god who was sealed in a planet which was colonized by Martians.
On their newly adopted homeworld, the Martians accidentally awaken Korge, who overcomes them with fire, the weakness of all Martians. The Martian Manhunter takes a space-warp chamber in order to ask the JLA for help. Journeying back to J'onzz's world via a space-warp chamber, Superman, Atom, Flash, and Green Lantern are also defeated by Korge (who was using all their individual weaknesses), until they hit upon the idea of using the warper mechanism to exchange powers and confuse their foe. Atom becomes GL, GL becomes Flash, Flash takes on the Martian Manhunter's abilities, and J'onn takes on those of the Atom. Taking Korge by surprise, they subdue him and rescue Superman from death by Kryptonite, restoring control of the Martians' new world to J'onn J'onzz and his followers.
Powers and Abilities
- Size Alteration: Naturally a giant.
- Molecular Reconstruction: He can turn thin air into kryptonite.
- Pyrokinesis: He can create a sheath of fire around himself.
- He can turn himself yellow.
- Korge speaks a entire sentence in two or more phrases, always emphasizing the last word of a phrase.
- This version of Korge, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Korge (Earth-One)
- Images featuring Korge (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Korge (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Korge (Earth-One)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |