Starfire is an alien princess marooned on Earth. She is a founding member of the Teen Titans.
Starfire was held prisoner as a "prize" by the Citadel as a result of her sister negotiating a "truce" with the Gordanians. She managed to escape and fled to the closest planet, which happened to be Earth. Starfire ran into Robin and others to form the Teen Titans who helped her fight off the Gordanian forces pursuing her. After the battle, Starfire elected to stay on Earth with the Titans.
Starfire was naive and somewhat insecure which made her endearing to others, especially Robin, who was romantically interested in her. Besides Robin, she has been together with Aquaman, a pot of chilli, and a scratching post. An alien and an outsider, she was still new to Earth and its customs, leading to much confusion for her and others, such as the awkwardness in casually drinking mustard, or sleeping in a bed the wrong way around.
- Tamaranean Physiology
- Flight: Like all Tamaraneans, Starfire can fly up to speeds that are ten times faster than light under her own willpower without the aid of wings or any other external applications.
- Star Bolts: Starfire could project controlled energy bursts called "Starbolts" from her hands. She used a small bust from he finger to free Raven from a cage. She could engulf something in her starbolt energy without having to touch or throw a starbolt at it. After going through the Tamaranean equivalent of puberty (referred to as the "Transformation"), she gained the power and ability to channel her starbolt energy through her eyes.
- Self-Sustenance: Starfire could survive in the vacuum of space without any sort of protection or survival gear. She did not get as cold as others and will be unharmed by very cold weather unless she is caught in a severe storm. In fact, she is the only Teen Titan who does not have a special outfit for cold weather.
- Superhuman Durability: Radiation did not harm Starfire. She survived pushing a meteor, taking minimal injuries.
- Superhuman Strength: She was able to cause earth tremors when she slammed her fists down. She is much stronger than Cyborg, who was able to pick up an entire building.
- Superhuman Speed: Starfire crushed Beast Boy in a race as a cheetah. When she acted as the Flash, she was able to run almost as fast as him. 
- Language Assimilation: Starfire could learn any existing language instantaneously through lip contact. Apart from her native Tamaranean, she has acquired knowledge English and Japanese.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Starfire was a well-trained fighter and even fought the rest of the Titans. She put up a good fight and proved a great threat.
- Lying: Starfire, at first, had an uncanny disability of not being able to lie. However, after some training from Beast Boy, Starfire gained the ability to lie flawlessly and, unfortunately, rampantly.
- Mechanical Engineering: Starfire had enough skill with mechanics to build an entire army of Deathbots in a day.
- Allergy: Starfire, like many Tamaraneans, is allergic to metallic chromium. When she sneezed, she produced dangerous Starbolts from her nose.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Teen Titans, the animated shorts that continued the series, and its tie-in comic book series Teen Titans Go!. It is an adaptation of Starfire. The original character was created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez and first appeared in DC Comics Presents #26.
- Starfire was voiced by Hynden Walch.
- Starfire has a pet named Silkie.
- Appearances of Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- Images featuring Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
Legion of Doom member
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.