Early Life on Tamaran
Princess Koriand'r was born the second child of the rulers of the planet Tamaran - Myand'r and Luand'r. From an early age, Koriand'r was given the second name Starfire. Starfire had an older sister Blackfire and a younger brother named Wildfire. Due to their parents' commitment to ruling the planet, Starfire and her siblings were raised by their knorfka - the Tamaranean word for 'caregiver' - named Galfore, who adored them very much. Starfire was noted to have been both prettier and kinder than her sister Blackfire, who came to resent her for that.
Five years prior to her arrival on Earth, Starfire's planet was invaded by the alien race known as the Gordanians. Fearing for their lineage, Starfire's parents sent Starfire's brother Wildfire - the only male heir - in a rocket off-planet into space. Because Wildfire was now out of the picture, Blackfire was next in line for the throne.
Blackfire used her potential power to negotiate a deal with the invading Gordonians to trade her own sister to them as their slave for peace. Without Starfire's permission, she was dragged away by the Gordonians, leaving Blackfire the only remaining child of the monarchy on the planet. Filled with grief from the loss of their children, Starfire's parents both fell ill from heartbreak and died; the last time Starfire saw her parents was when she was dragged away by the Gordonians.
Landing On Earth
While being transported by the Gordonians, Starfire broke free from captivity and fled to the nearest possible planet to the starship - Earth, where she landed in Jump City.
Her arrival attracted the attention of the newly independent superheroes Robin, Raven, Cyborg and Beast Boy, who sprung into action to get the situation under control. Starfire, having grown cynical from her captivity, initially fought the heroes until she used her Tamaranean power of language assimilation by kissing Robin to immediately learn English. Now able to communicate with them, Starfire convinced the heroes to help her defeat the Gordonian slavers who continued to pursue her, and the five successfully repelled the aliens from the planet.
Having felt they worked well as a team, the heroes decided to form a new, young superhero group called the Teen Titans. Starfire, with no where else to go, chose to permanently reside on Earth with her new friends. The teens built themselves a headquarters on an island in the Jump City bay and began protecting the city from any evil that arrived.
After the defeat of the Brotherhood of Evil, Starfire, along with other women from the Teen Titan, were invited to participate in a competition to become the next Wonder Girl on Paradise Island. Starfire placed second in the speed competition, losing only to the original Wonder Girl Donna Troy. The competition was cut short when Trident tried to invade the island, and the Titans and Amazons teamed up to stop him. 
Starfire was put in charge of leading the expansion of the Teen Titans - helping to organize Titans North and build their own Titans North Tower. She recruited the team but, at some point, was attacked by Phobia, who casted a nightmare on the hero, making her believe she had been captured by the Gordanians again. Thanks to Silkie breaking the illusion, the Teen Titans recovered from their nightmares, and Starfire finished organizing the Titans' expansion. 
Powers and Abilities
- Tamaranean Physiology
- Flight: Like all Tamaraneans, Starfire can fly up to speeds that are ten times faster than light under her own willpower without the aid of wings or any other external applications.
- Star Bolts: Starfire could project controlled energy bursts called "Starbolts" from her hands. She could engulf something in her starbolt energy without having to touch or throw a starbolt at it. After going through the Tamaranean equivalent of puberty (referred to as the "Transformation"), she gained the power and ability to channel her starbolt energy through her eyes.
- Self-Sustenance: Starfire could survive in the vacuum of space without any sort of protection or survival gear. She did not get as cold as others and will be unharmed by very cold weather unless she is caught in a severe storm. In fact, she is the only Teen Titan who does not have a special outfit for cold weather.
- Superhuman Durability: Radiation did not harm Starfire. She survived pushing a meteor, taking minimal injuries.
- Superhuman Strength: She was able to cause earth tremors when she slammed her fists down. She is much stronger than Cyborg, who was able to pick up an entire building.
- Superhuman Speed
- Language Assimilation: Starfire could learn any existing language instantaneously through lip contact. Apart from her native Tamaranean, she has acquired knowledge English and Japanese.
- Allergy: Starfire, like many Tamaraneans, is allergic to metallic chromium. When she sneezed, she produced dangerous Starbolts from her nose.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Teen Titans, the animated shorts that continued the series, and its tie-in comic book series Teen Titans Go!. It is an adaptation of Starfire. The original character was created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez and first appeared in DC Comics Presents #26.
- Starfire was voiced by Hynden Walch.
- Starfire has a pet named Silkie.
- Appearances of Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- Images featuring Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- Teen Titans Go! #46
- Teen Titans Go! #54
- Teen Titans Go! #55
- Final Exam
- Divide and Conquer
- Teen Titans (TV Series) Episode: Transformation
- Teen Titans (TV Series) Episode: Betrothed
- Teen Titans (TV Series) Episode: The End, Part I
- Teen Titans (TV Series) Episode: Apprentice, Part I
- Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo (Movie)
- Teen Titans Go! #46
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.