Krakor was a monster who developed a symbiotic relationship with a small village outside of Atlantis.
The town would attract marine predators, and he would snare them in with his tentacles to devour them. Although he was protecting the town, their high priest Toxxin believed that he would eventually destroy them. There was a prophecy that Krakor would be defeated by a champion and a maiden who would then die shortly afterwards, so Toxxin kidnapped Aquaman and Mera to slay the beast. They were not willing to, although when the enraged Krakor attacked them Aquaman was forced to strangle it to death. The city was left unprotected when they were forced to knock out the homicidal Toxxin and leave them.
Powers and Abilities
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 1 Appearances of Krakor (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Krakor (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Krakor (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Krakor (New Earth)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."