The Kryptonite Kid was once a prisoner on the planet Blor. Facing a 20 year sentence, he volunteered for a scientific experiment, a satellite that required a test passenger. He favored dying in deep space to rotting in jail, with the added bonus of a 10,000 to 1 change of surviving the test.
He was loaded in the satellite together with a laboratory dog, and the satellite was shot into deep space, never to return. To pass the time, they watched a telescopic viewer of Earth and learned of Superboy's existence. On their course for Earth, they passed through a green cloud of gaseous Kryptonite. Exposure to the Kryptonite turned both him and his dog green, bestowing each of them with Kryptonite-based powers.
- Molecular Reconstruction: By way of physical contact, the Kryptonite Kid can transform solid matter into a Kryptonite.
- Alien Physiology
- This version of Kryptonite Kid, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 9 Appearances of Kryptonite Kid (Earth-One)
- 3 Images featuring Kryptonite Kid (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Kryptonite Kid (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kryptonite Kid (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
This article is using a sub-standard image. The image is too small, of poor quality, bears a watermark or violates copyright law. You can help the DC Database Project by replacing the offending image with a higher quality scan.