Working as an artist for the Daily Planet, Kyle Rayner was chosen by the ring of Abin Sur to become the new Green Lantern of Sector 2814. With the help of Superman, Kyle defeated rogue Green Lantern, Sinestro.
Sometime afterwards, Kyle was transferred off the planet to be trained by Katma Tui by John Stewart's request as John took over the sector for him, but he became a bad student. As time went by, Kyle would be part of Oa's defensive squadron of Green Lanterns.
During a transmission which determined if Kyle would trade places with John for a short time due to recent events in Stewarts personal life, the android, Amazo, shot towards Oa with amazing speed. Kyle and the defensive team were unable to stop the android before it slammed into the planets surface, seemingly destroying it.
After recovering from injuries, Kyle and the team headed for Earth, Amazo's destination, to find the wreckage of dozens of Justice League javelins, and injured Justice League members, such as John Stewart and Superman.
John Stewart led the rest of the Green Lanterns to Lex Luthor's hideout, built specially in case of the androids return, due to their history, only to be stopped by Doctor Fate. Luthor was able to calm the android and walk away unharmed. It was discovered that Amazo did not destroy Oa but simply moved it to another dimension, which was quickly moved back.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern. The original character was created by Ron Marz, Bill Willingham, and Darryl Banks and first appeared in Green Lantern (Volume 3) #48.
- Kyle was voiced by Michael P. Greco in the Superman episode "In Brightest Day..." and by Will Friedle in the Justice League Unlimited episode "The Return".
- 16 Appearances of Kyle Rayner (DCAU)
- 4 Images featuring Kyle Rayner (DCAU)
- 1 Quotations by or about Kyle Rayner (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Kyle Rayner (DCAU)
Daily Planet Staff member
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the superhero team known as the Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans members" category.